How can you tell a native lens?

JohnN

Mu-43 Regular
Hi,

Sorry but this seems a really basic question - but I was looking at the new rumour for the Olympus 40-150mm and when I clicked through the link I was that on the site it was listed as Olympus Mount - it was only when I said it would need an adapter (OM to m43) that someone pointed out that it was native, but I couldn't tell.

Whats the secret to knowing whats what or do I need a secret handshake :biggrin:

Thanks for reading.

Grinch

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Anything made,produced currently by Olympus would be m4/3. I don't believe anything OM mount has been produced for years, and 4/3 mount is just new old stock.
All m4/3 lens, as far as I know, will have the m4/3 logo on them.

biomed

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Mike
A native u4/3 lens is one that will mount to a u4/3 camera body without an adaptor. It may be manufactured by any number of makers, Olympus, Panasonic, Sigma, Tokina, Voigtlander, etc.

JohnN

Mu-43 Regular
Thats brilliant - thanks.

Not only does it look like it lists everything but you can see how big\small things are in a way thats easy to understand.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom