1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

How about some E-M1 images from actual professional photographers?

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by napilopez, Sep 11, 2013.

1. napilopez

napilopez Contributing Editor

Feb 21, 2012
    NYC Area
    Napier Lopez
    Not that some of the impressions haven't been made by pros, but if you want to just focus a bit less on the tech and a bit more on the images, Olympus has a great page for you:

Photographers | OLYMPUS OM-D E-M1

No talk about how great the camera is, how good the specs are, blah blah. Just images and the respective settings. Be sure to click on "See all photos" at the bottom of each photographer's section; there are some great images that aren't featured on the main part of the page. Also, if you want higher resolution files (not full-res, just bigger), you can right click on the image and select open image in a new tab if you're using chrome(and at least some other browsers, I'm sure).

All these images appear to be SOOC, and they really demonstrate well what the camera can do in capable hands in a nice photojournalistic style.

2. Lindsay D

Lindsay D Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 2, 2013
    West Sussex, England
    Lindsay
    Interesting that they only appear to feature Japanese photographers.

3. Mikefellh

Mikefellh Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 7, 2012
    Toronto, Canada
    We know it can take good pictures (at least as good as the E-M5)...who cares.

What we want to know what makes the camera superior to the E-M5, the NEW features, how good the phase detection focusing is.

4. napilopez

napilopez Contributing Editor

Feb 21, 2012
    NYC Area
    Napier Lopez
    Gosh a bit of a Debbie downer no? Hahah trust me, I care about those things as much as anyone else on this forum--just look at my post history. But there's tech talk in every single other one of the various E-M1 threads. I thought these are nice sets Demonstrating what you could do *with* that technology, particularly for the sports and wild life pictures

5. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    I get the feeling that the E-M1 is kinda... new. ;)

6. Lindsay D

Lindsay D Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 2, 2013
    West Sussex, England
    Lindsay
    I don't see what difference that makes?

7. RobWatson

RobWatson Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Not a single shot of a spork ... or any cutlery!

8. Lindsay D

Lindsay D Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 2, 2013
    West Sussex, England
    Lindsay
    .... well I'm not surprised, they're all Japanese aren't they. Just be thankful they didn't feature any European photographers - we'd all have to suffer potted plants, family pets, gardening implements ...

9. drd1135

drd1135 Zen Snapshooter

Mar 17, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    I want to see pictures from actual enthusiast photographers. That's the kind I'm going to get (at best).

10. Mikefellh

Mikefellh Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 7, 2012
    Toronto, Canada
    The camera is not available for sale yet!

Although if someone is willing to arrange to get an E-M1 into my hands...

11. nstelemark

nstelemark Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 28, 2013
    Halifax, Nova Scotia Canada
    Larry
    Very nice. I am a bit confused why they feel the need to state M for manual or A for Aperture priority? I would be much much more interested in the the AF mode personally.

Lots of 4/3 glass being used in these shots!

12. tdekany

tdekany Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 8, 2011
    Oregon
    There is a guy on another forum using it from his office, but I haven't seen him posting it.

13. BeyondTheLines

BeyondTheLines Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 23, 2012
    Spain/USA
    Patrick
    True, though I guess it gives you a glimpse into each photographer's technique. I noticed one of the photographers uses P mode quite a bit and another (or maybe it was the same one) was using a lot of the art filters. I imagine Olympus is trying to show versatility and trying to touch all bases here.

There are some very nice photographs but they just make me wish I had the lenses they're using more so than the camera :eek:

14. monk3y

monk3y Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 14, 2013
    in The Cloud...
    Steven

Olympus is a Japanese company and this camera is currently not available in the market yet. So it makes sense. Maybe they will add a few more from pros around the world in the coming months.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Mu-43 mobile app

15. monk3y

monk3y Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 14, 2013
    in The Cloud...
    Steven
    I went to an E-M1 event today and had the chance to watch a presentation by one of the photographers in that page. Tetsuro Shimizu!!!

I say E-M1 rocks :smile:

Since this is a thread for images taken with E-M1. I will just share this here... I took these yesterday. I also have ISO 6
    Taken with E-M1 and 12-40mm f/2.8

JPEG ISO 12800 No PP, just resized

JPEG ISO 6400

JPEG ISO 200

JPEG ISO 12800 with E-M1 and 50-200mm f/2.8-3.5