1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Hotshoe cover for E-P3

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by 6x6, Jul 20, 2012.

1. 6x6

6x6 Mu-43 Regular

Oct 12, 2011
    I lost that special piece of plastic in the first hour of use and am now looking for a replacement (the port looks quite vulnerable without it).
    But I cant find the spare part no. of this in black.
    Can anybody help me, please?

2. hkpzee

hkpzee Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 5, 2011
    Hong Kong
    Patrick
    Maybe you need to check with Olympus customer service.

FWIW, I just got my replacement at the local Olympus customer service center, but I don't know the part no. I just called and asked if they have the spare part available, and they said yes. I paid roughly US$2.50 for it, but mind you this is HK, where everything is just a few subway stations away...

3. JJJPhoto

JJJPhoto Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 8, 2011
    Cincinnati, OH
    Jerry Jackson Jr
  4. EP1-GF1

EP1-GF1 Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 12, 2011
    In the meantime, if you're concerned about something getting into the port, a little no-residue tape might do the trick.

5. I don't know if the missing port cover is that big a deal. The data port for something like an iPhone isn't protected.

6. hinata76

hinata76 Mu-43 Regular

Jun 21, 2012
    Singapore
    will have a difference if ur reselling ur camera again. pple will expect a full set.nothing less.

7. Mogul

Mogul Mu-43 Regular

Nov 9, 2012
    Take a kook at the generic part for US$2.95 at:
    Nisha Flash Shoe Cover FSC B&H Photo Video

Also, I have found that many real camera shops have a few in their "junk" drawer; just ask and they'll probably give you one at a very low price, if they charge you at all.

8. hinata76

hinata76 Mu-43 Regular

Jun 21, 2012
    Singapore
    I got similar ones for usd$.99..seller is based in hong kong.free shipping. Actually looking for the real deal.one the covers the port slot too.

on Nokia 8800