Hotshoe cover E-M1

gingergirl

Mu-43 Regular
I lost the hotshot cover for my E-M1. Should I care? Is it required for weather proofing?

OzRay

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Ray, not Oz
It's the first thing I've removed off every one of my cameras. It's not needed at all and provides no weather protection.

gingergirl

Mu-43 Regular
Thank you. It's been loose since I've owned the camera so I knew it was only a matter of time.

OzRay

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Ray, not Oz
Just keep and eye on the accessory cover though (above the eyepiece), I'm not sure how weatherproof the connector is on that part.

gingergirl

Mu-43 Regular
I just had another look at my camera and fortunately it is only the hot shoe cover that came off. The accessory port cover is still there andg solidly attached.

gingergirl

Mu-43 Regular
Thanks everyone. I'll not worry about it since the accessory port is still covered.

heinphoto

New to Mu-43
I have lost two of these so far. When I lose the third one (and I'm certain I will), I am giving up. Not the best design, I think.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom