1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Hotrod show Melbourne (many images)

Discussion in 'Street, Documentary, and Portrait' started by joele, Jan 23, 2011.

1. joele

joele Mu-43 Regular

Dec 12, 2010
    Melbourne, Australia
    OK I made it to the Hotrod show today as by chance I drove past last night and found out it was on...

I had my 2.5yo boy with me and a good supply of chocolate to bribe him to let me take my time... I also had to buy him a 1957 Chevy matchbox car, that stand is a trap for parents I tell you, I walked right into it.. :rolleyes: 

I only ended up using two lenses for the day, the first few are with the Olympus 9-18mm and the rest are with my Pentax-A 50mm f1.2 (generally at about f2 as that is where the contrast really kicks in)..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 8
  2. RetroBoy

RetroBoy Mu-43 Regular

Gorgeous shots Joele. Good work.
    The first few wide angle shots are great - that exhibition hall looks pretty flash!
    I'm loving the Pentax pics - beautiful colours, reflections and bokeh.
    Nice processing too!

• Like Like x 1
  3. joele

joele Mu-43 Regular

Dec 12, 2010
    Melbourne, Australia
    Thanks, appreciated...

Yeah the Royal Exhibition Building is lovely (the new one, 'Jeff's Shed', is rather crass in comparison)

4. RetroBoy

RetroBoy Mu-43 Regular

Thanks for the link - that is an impressive building. World heritage listed too!
    I must get over to beautiful Melbourne and spend some time doing the touristy thing.

5. agpr

agpr Mu-43 Regular

Nov 2, 2010
    Heraklion, Crete
    Excellent shots. Thank you for sharing. I like most #10 and #12.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Alanroseman

Alanroseman Super Moderator Emeritus

Dec 21, 2010
    New England
    I love number 5!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Roe

Roe New to Mu-43

Dec 14, 2010
    These images are very good Joel. The abstract around the end really demonstrate the unique perspective of photography.:thumbup:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Ulfric M Douglas

Ulfric M Douglas Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 6, 2010
    Northumberland
    I love the cooling-finned brake calipers on that blue Number 3 !

• Like Like x 1
  9. Boyzo

Boyzo Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 3, 2010
    Excellent :2thumbs:

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.