Hot Shoe Handle Question

retiredfromlife

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
I was thinking of getting one of these handles that fit on the hot shoe, but had second thoughts that it may damage the hot shoe as it could act as a lever on the hot shoe. I have not put anything but a flash in a hot shoe mount. Could these short anything out?

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Mike Wingate

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Mike Wingate
I think the handle is expected to fit onto a cage. I am hesitant to put my Godox 860 on my camera.

retiredfromlife

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I think the handle is expected to fit onto a cage. I am hesitant to put my Godox 860 on my camera.
Small Rig sell the handles with Hotshoe, Nato Rail & Screw mount for their cages. They seem to be releasing more with just hotshoe mounts for the lighter cameras. But they would fit Anything with a standard hotshoe.

I found a better picture of one of their handles that better shows what I was thinking of. Something to get a small flash out closer to the subject and possibly have another way of holding the camera. I seem to be always looking for things to improve my Macro rig, and if the truth be known I love gadgets

Handle.jpg

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom