Hot recondition m.zuiko 12-40mm f2.8 for $639.99

Aegon

Mu-43 Veteran
I have a theory that Olympus doesn't want to be a reconditioned item reseller, but their partner Cameta, who used to handle most sales of Olympus's reconditioned gear, recently went out of business, so that Olympus had to do things themselves. And Olympus hasn't figured out how to sell stuff yet.

Calumet closed, not Cameta.

DaveInPA

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Dave
I have a theory that Olympus doesn't want to be a reconditioned item reseller, but their partner Cameta, who used to handle most sales of Olympus's reconditioned gear, recently went out of business, so that Olympus had to do things themselves. And Olympus hasn't figured out how to sell stuff yet.
Wasn't it Calumet that went out of business? I think Cameta is still open; their website is still up.

dhazeghi

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Dara
Wasn't it Calumet that went out of business? I think Cameta is still open; their website is still up.
Cameta's definitely still in business. And they still sell Olympus refurbs - all indications are that they'd be selling more except Olympus is now selling them directly. There're a good many items that Olympus has in stock refurbished which Cameta does not. Oddly, a number of Olympus's refurb prices are considerably better than Cameta's, but there also some cases where the reverse is true.

DanG

Mu-43 Rookie
My previously-cancelled 12-40 arrived today! Good thing I didn't spend that money elsewhere yet. If you ordered this lens at $639.99 but received the dreaded cancellation e-mail, try sending Olympus Refurb an e-mail asking them to honor that price on the next available refurb.

The lens condition is good as new, but the lens cap appears to have a little wear. The difference in reach at 35mm vs 40mm is very subtle, in case you're comparing this to the panny 12-35. The close focusing at 40mm is great, barely fitting 3 dimes across the frame. I may sell my Oly 60mm f2.8 macro to help finance this.

My previously-cancelled 12-40 arrived today! Good thing I didn't spend that money elsewhere yet. If you ordered this lens at $639.99 but received the dreaded cancellation e-mail, try sending Olympus Refurb an e-mail asking them to honor that price on the next available refurb.

The lens condition is good as new, but the lens cap appears to have a little wear. The difference in reach at 35mm vs 40mm is very subtle, in case you're comparing this to the panny 12-35. The close focusing at 40mm is great, barely fitting 3 dimes across the frame. I may sell my Oly 60mm f2.8 macro to help finance this.
I called and spoke to the woman who had sent me the order cancellation notice (he number is on the bottom of ther email) and asked her to put me in the queue to receive a refurb when they get one in.

katiedaddy

Mu-43 Regular
I called and spoke to the woman who had sent me the order cancellation notice (he number is on the bottom of ther email) and asked her to put me in the queue to receive a refurb when they get one in.
That's what I did when I received my cancellation notice and voila got one a week ago.

I received my 12-40mm today! The CC is totally maxed between the 9-18, the EPM2 with 2 lenses, and 12-40mm. Trying to decide whether to sell or return the 9-18mm since they wouldn't give me the extra 20% off, though I may call the woman who sent the cancellation and see if she can help me.

yakky

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I own quite a few lenses that are rumored to be "sharp" but the 12-40 really stands out. Even at high ISO, crappy lighting, the shots turn out pretty sharp.

Mellow

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Tom
Me too, and then within two days I got a shipping notice. Lens arrived yesterday and, from what I can tell, looks to be perfectly new--absolutely no signs of use. I'm still putting it through its paces, but so far I LOVE it.

stw

Mu-43 Regular
That is quite the trip, complete with a lot of scanning. The lens has traveled a long ways to finally make it here to my waiting paws.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom