Hot recondition m.zuiko 12-40mm f2.8 for $639.99

Lawrence A.

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Larry
Unlike what others have indicated, all my refurbished Olympus gear -- and there has been a lot, cameras and lenses -- has worked flawlessly and looked brand new.

at714

New to Mu-43
Grrr. I thought I got the deal but got this email:

Hello from the Olympus Store,

We are writing in reference to the order you placed on February 21, and 22,
2014 . The item listed above is not currently in stock.
Although the following message was stated on the website, the ADD TO CART
button was activated in error.

Sorry, backorders are not accepted at this time due to high demand
for this lens.

As a result, your order has been cancelled. Since this order is cancelled,
your account has not been charged.

We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused.

I too got the cancelled order email yesterday - I replied asking if they were familiar with the Texas Deceptive Trade Practices Act. They should at least offer us a discount coupon for our trouble.

Armanius

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Muttley
I too got the cancelled order email yesterday - I replied asking if they were familiar with the Texas Deceptive Trade Practices Act. They should at least offer us a discount coupon for our trouble.
Good ol' DTPA! :)

huai

Mu-43 Regular
Got my lens today. The cap is scuffed up, but the lens itself is in perfect shape.

Luckysomer

Mu-43 Rookie
Real Name
Eric
I received one last week. Shot it Friday. Great shots. The lens, cap and hood all looked new. Looks like Olympus is making more refurbs available they are worth the wait.

yakky

Mu-43 Top Veteran
It's just a way to sell open box or returned items. They can't legally sell them as new. Doesn't mean it was damaged.
Yep, these days people are buying and returning gear left and right. It can't be sold as new anymore. I really wish more retailers just started charging restocking fees as we all end up paying for that sort of behavior.

FlyPenFly

Mu-43 Veteran
When are these back in stock and why don't they have an email alert system!?

gswpete

Mu-43 Regular
Received mine as well. I'd say it arrived in like new condition.
Very sharp lens and love how close I can get to subjects!

rustyxpress

New to Mu-43
got my order cancelled when everyone else's did. But now i'm getting a tracking number from olympus ?? anyone else have the same experience?

PatrickNSF

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Patrick
From what I understand, they sent out a mass cancellation notice by email when they thought they'd be out of stock. I've found in my very short period of dealing with Olympus and their refurbished items that they're pretty accomodating when you contact them directly about reinstating orders and adding to or changing existing orders. They were also willing to honor their recent Presidents' Day 20% discount on items that I added to my order after the sale was officially over. YMMV.

As an aside, this is my first experience ordering refurbished items (other than a Roomba years ago) and I've been really pleased with what I've received from Olympus thus far. And apart from my first lens, they've upgrade everything from ground to 1- or 2- day shipping.

DaveInPA

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Dave
My order was cancelled as well a few weeks ago but now I just received a tracking number and email that my order shipped. However, no charge yet on my credit card.

For others who had this same situation, did you actually receive the lens?

DaveInPA

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Dave
Well Olympus charged by CC today so it looks like I'm getting a 12-40/2.8 lens tomorrow.

That's strange that they would cancel the order and then a few weeks later just fulfill the order without consulting with the customer.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom