1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Hot pixel

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Kilauea, Nov 11, 2012.

1. Kilauea

Kilauea Mu-43 Regular

Jun 9, 2012
    Canada
    Nicolas
    Today while shooting there is a hot (stuck red pixel) that appeared in my pictures. It wasn't there and then it was and it remained there the whole day.

Is there any way to fix this ? What should I do about it. It is roughly at 20% from the bottom and 40% from the left, so it would be bottom middle pretty much.

2. uci2ci

uci2ci Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 22, 2012
    Los Angeles, CA
    Sam
    If your camera has pixel mapping , that will take care of it. If not, you can either send it in or just forget about it. Stuck pixels, like sensor dust, are inevitable

3. thelaxong

thelaxong Mu-43 user

Jan 13, 2011
    Melbourne - Australia
    Like Sam mentioned above. Try the pixel mapping function. I had an EPL1 in the past and had some hot pixels. I used the pixel mapping to fix and they gone away.

4. Kilauea

Kilauea Mu-43 Regular

Jun 9, 2012
    Canada
    Nicolas
    Seems like pixel mapping fixed it.

5. Shutterdad

Shutterdad Mu-43 Regular

May 23, 2012
    Big D
    Jody
    Thanks to Olympus for this feature. Not offered by Nikon, their only fix is to send the camera in for service. (This was on the D90)

6. rfortson

rfortson Mu-43 Veteran

Well, in fairness, the D90 came out about 4 years ago. My Pentax cameras have had pixel mapping for at least that long, and I'd bet the Nikons since the D90 would have it.

Still, it is a very handy feature as hot pixels are just inevitable with digital cameras.

7. Mikefellh

Mikefellh Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 7, 2012
    Toronto, Canada
    Well in fairness to Olympus, they had it on the E-1 which was released in 2003 or NINE YEARS AGO!

8. Shutterdad

Shutterdad Mu-43 Regular

May 23, 2012
    Big D
    Jody
    Yes, they did. And on another note the E1 had probably one of the best smooth sounding shutters on that camera. Quite as can be!