Hot pixel on EM-1 Video, but not Photos

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Levster, Jan 10, 2015.

1. The video output from my EM-1 is showing a hot pixel, but I can't see it on any of my photos.

On the bottom left of this screen shot there is a lighter pixel, which appears on all my videos:

View attachment 403178 vlcsnap-2015-01-10-17h38m17s61 by -the-levster-

However, when taking a photo of the same scene with same exposure values (1/30, f/1.4, ISO3200), I can't see any hot pixels.

View attachment 403179 P1100009-2 by -the-levster-

Note the white marks right of centre are marks on the wall, which I really need to get round to painting over!

How can a hot pixel appear in video but not in photos? Noise reduction is set to off and the photo is a direct conversion from RAW to JPEG. Is this something that can be dealt with in editing or am I stuck with it? I can't imagine it affecting the resale value thankfully as it doesn't appear in photos, however it is a bit annoying.

2. Growltiger

Growltiger Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 26, 2014
    UK
    You can fix it in a couple of minutes. p145 of the manual, Pixel Mapping.

3. Sorry, I meant to say that I'd already tried that! Just tried it again and the pixel remains. Maybe pixel mapping only works for photos?

4. Growltiger

Growltiger Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 26, 2014
    UK
    Maybe pixel mapping doesn't work with video?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.