Hot Air Balloons!

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by sparklehorse, Jun 30, 2010.

1. sparklehorse

sparklehorse Mu-43 Regular

Apr 4, 2010
    Portland, Oregon
    A few shots from the Tigard (Oregon) Festival of Balloons last weekend, all with either the E-P1 w7-14, or the GH1 w/14-140:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Gordon

• Like Like x 8
  2. Djarum

Djarum Super Moderator Moderator Subscribing Member Charter Member

Dec 15, 2009
    Huntsville, AL, USA
    Jason
    Lovely shots. The third one is my favorite.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Really like the 1st shot. Leads the eye, like joining in the flight! All are captured very well. Congrats. Things like these would probably be shark bait in our neck of the woods :smile:

• Like Like x 2
  4. Djarum

Dec 15, 2009
    Huntsville, AL, USA
    Jason
    sparklehorse,

I noticed you edited your post. The shot that was #2 is no longer there. Are you choosing not to keep it posted?

5. LisaO

LisaO Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 18, 2010
    New York Metro Area
    Lisa
    Nice composition, clarity and saturation. Nice to see another double m4/3 shooter too.

• Like Like x 2
  6. sparklehorse

Apr 4, 2010
    Portland, Oregon
    Gosh, sorry, I don't remember now which was originally #2. I may have added it back in. I got off to a bad start with this thread. I accidentally posted it before I was ready, then had to fix a bunch of stuff.

Regards,
    Gordon

7. sparklehorse

Apr 4, 2010
    Portland, Oregon
    Thanks! Yes, it was great to have the two camera bodies with me. Loved having that continuous range from ultra-wide to telephoto without the need to change lenses. Very helpful in a scenario like this where things are changing quickly. And the compact size of these cameras makes carrying two of them easy.

Gordon

8. Djarum

Dec 15, 2009
    Huntsville, AL, USA
    Jason
    No problem. Number 2 is now number 8. For some reason, I really like the composition.

• Like Like x 2
  9. JoepLX3

JoepLX3 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 13, 2010
    Japan
    Nice subject + good shooting = beautiful pictures!!!

That more than deserves one :thumbup:

:2thumbs:

• Like Like x 2
  10. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Thanks Gordon for these beautiful series. Hot air balloons we see a lot where I live.
    A friend of mine runs a company that specializes in hot air balloons. Click here.
    (sorry it's in dutch)

• Like Like x 2
  11. Brian Mosley

Brian Mosley Administrator Emeritus Charter Member

Dec 15, 2009
    Wonderful set Gordon, thanks for sharing. :2thumbs:

Cheers

Brian

• Like Like x 2
  12. Iconindustries

Iconindustries Mu-43 Hall of Famer Charter Member

Wonderful invention I reckon those balloons, you captured the fun and now I want to have a ride. Little balloons when you're a kid and large ones when you're big. Big kid's, thats all we are aye:)
    I like 7 & 8, you've got a really nice depth of field. Did you use centre focus or multipoint?

icon

• Like Like x 2
  13. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus Charter Member

I think my favorite is #8, too, but they are all great to see - I love hot air balloons! I've never gone up in one, but would love to...as long as it was a very, very calm day.:biggrin:

The colors and shapes are glorious!

I'll always remember a day many years ago, inside my brother's house...and we heard the strangest noise...we thought the boiler/furnace was going to explode!:eek: Finally we ended up outside and what to our amazement did we hear but someone calling out "Hello!" from up above us - two people in a hot air balloon very, very slowly and quite low down, drifting across the treetops!:2thumbs:

• Like Like x 2
  14. Christilou

Christilou Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 25, 2010
    Camberley, Surrey
    What a great subject to photograph. I love them all!

• Like Like x 2