Hot Air Balloon Event

Discussion in 'Street, Documentary, and Portrait' started by edwardconde, Jul 26, 2013.

1. edwardconde

edwardconde Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 8, 2012
    Los Angeles, CA
    I am going to a Hot Air Balloon event tomorrow... Never been to anything like this.. Ideally I would like to shoot still and video.... I will be there for the morning to mid day..

Here is what I am thinking of taking with me OM-D and my (2)E-P3s. My ROK7.five, Panny14 and my OLY 40-150. I also have the Sigma twins, the OLY45 and the OLY60... Not sure what kind of macro opportunities there would be at an event like this.

I am normally a jpeg shooter, but I think that I may have to RAW for this images...

Thoughts?

2. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    Good for you. I'm trying to get to one myself in August so we'll see how that goes.

As far as advice goes, the only thing that I can tell you is to get there real early for the set-up shots & flames :smile:

3. xdayv

xdayv Color Blind

Aug 26, 2011
    Tacloban City, Philippines
    Dave
    Eddie, are you going up in the balloon? The view from up there can be breathtaking, and the experience too. My advice is you can't be changing lenses if you are up there, hardly you can but possible.

I used the 7-14 in here...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and an 85mm (on FF):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Have fun!

4. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    Alright Dave,
    These are nothing short of outstanding! :2thumbs:

5. Vol

Vol Mu-43 Regular

Jul 19, 2013
    Australia
  6. edwardconde

Nov 8, 2012
    Los Angeles, CA
    These are AWESOME!!!! Unfortunately not this time. I may do a tether lift since that is what they have going on when I get there. Other than that I will be grounded. I am taking my Fisheye for sure... I also have my Pany14 for wide shots... So I am leaning towards the sigma 30, oly 45 or just take my 40-150 zoom.. Not sure what kind of macro ops there will be for me to take the 60...

Owell lets see how it goes... This festival is every year anyway... :)

7. beanedsprout

beanedsprout Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 13, 2013
    north central Ohio
    Take a tilt adapter. ;)

8. edwardconde

Nov 8, 2012
    Los Angeles, CA