Horseback riding at Vaihmalan Ranskalainen viikonloppu 2019

pake

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Teemu
They had this special weekend in Vaihmalan Hovi, Lempäälä (Finland) in July. The event was called "Vaihmalan ranskalainen viikonloppu" which translates into "The French Weekend of Vaihmala". The event was created to combine French (gourmet) cuisine, wine, golf and equestrian sports.

I hadn't been to a cross country riding event before so I was excited to grab my camera with me and see what kind of photos I could capture. The other offerings didn't interest me at all and I wouldn't have had the time for those anyway. I had two E-M5s with me and the lenses I chose were Sigma 56mm f/1.4 and Olympus 40-150mm f/2.8. I should have had my Oly 75mm instead of the Sigma but I had to make the lens decisions already at home and had no idea which would be better. The Sigma performed well but I had to crop too much. And I couldn't really use the lens wide open anyway because of the bright sunlight meant overexposing images. I would have liked to isolate the subjects more though. But next time I will have a camera that can do faster shutter speeds with me. ;)

I wouldn't say shooting the approaching horses was easy with my antique E-M5 but I did manage to get decent photos of horses running towards me. The success ratio was bad though. The jump photos were easy because I prefocused on the hurdle. (Somehow I still got a few misses because the camera had decided to focus on the background instead and I didn't noticed when pressing the shutter.) But all in all, I'd say the E-M5s performed better than I had hoped. Obviously I didn't even bother trying the AF-C (or tracking) and only shot with AF-S.

I also made a blog post about the event (it's in Finnish AND English): Vaihmalan Ranskalainen viikonloppu.

So, anyway... On with the pictures then...

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
002-EM578912 by Teemu Paukamainen, on Flickr

005-EM5B5966 by Teemu Paukamainen, on Flickr

009-EM5B5993 by Teemu Paukamainen, on Flickr

012-EM5B6002 by Teemu Paukamainen, on Flickr

014-EM5B6026 by Teemu Paukamainen, on Flickr

017-EM5B6057 by Teemu Paukamainen, on Flickr

020-EM579008 by Teemu Paukamainen, on Flickr

025-EM579090 by Teemu Paukamainen, on Flickr

026-EM579092 by Teemu Paukamainen, on Flickr

030-EM579119 by Teemu Paukamainen, on Flickr

036-EM579164 by Teemu Paukamainen, on Flickr

037-EM579166 by Teemu Paukamainen, on Flickr

045-EM579221 by Teemu Paukamainen, on Flickr

053-EM579249 by Teemu Paukamainen, on Flickr

Full album with more pics can be found here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/teemu_p/albums/72157710112513231

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom