1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Horse - GF1 w/ Leitz 60mm Macro

Discussion in 'Creative Corner' started by Spaceghost33, Sep 8, 2010.

1. Spaceghost33

Spaceghost33 Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 23, 2010
    Chicago, IL
    Christopher Stelter
    Not the sharpest (or best exposed) picture I've taken, but the horse was moving pretty quickly. I also forgot to turn off the digital zoom (2X). I like it anyway for some reason. C&C certainly welcome.

115709566905.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

• Like Like x 1
  2. twalker294

twalker294 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 18, 2010
    This is an interesting shot and would do well with some post processing such as contrast enhancement, exposure correction (it's a but underexposed,) saturation, and sharpening.

I always regard every picture I take as just a starting point. The magic happens in the post processing. You will find plenty of people who wholeheartedly disagree with that approach and good for them -- to each his own. I however believe in using the tools at my disposal to make my images as good as I can.

Wow, went off on a bit of a tangent there didn't I? ;-)

3. Ulfric M Douglas

Ulfric M Douglas Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 6, 2010
    Northumberland
    As it is I don't like any of it, but how to comment and not sound unkind?
    The softness is pronounced, but I also notice the brown of another horse under the chin instead of other background and this makes it look too 'thick'.
    Try sharpening it to death and applying some wierd special effects?

4. andy_jansen

andy_jansen Mu-43 Regular

Oct 19, 2010
    Herten, NL
    Kind of looks better in B&W.
    Also added a bit of contrast.

1157095669051.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Spaceghost33

Spaceghost33 Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 23, 2010
    Chicago, IL
    Christopher Stelter
    Horse

Ulfric, that's not the brown from another horse, that's the body of the same horse. It's head is turned. I accidentally had the 2X zoom on and didn't realize it in this shot. I can assure you, the Leitz 60mm produces a very sharp image, if I pay attention to what settings I'm using.:smile:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.