Horizontal blue lines in E-P2 EVF

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by trisberg, Mar 8, 2010.

1. trisberg

trisberg Mu-43 Regular Charter Member

Apr 14, 2009
    Hi, recently got an EP-2 and have been exploring various settings. Noticed that if I use the EVF and select the "GRAINY FILM" art filter I get six horizontal blue lines across the EVF when I attach a non m43 lens using an adapter. The lines are visible as soon as I remove my M.Zuiko 17mm lens. When I put the M.Zuiko lens back on the lines disappear. Anyone else seeing this? It's only in the EVF, the lines are not visible on the main screen.

-Thomas

2. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus Charter Member

Haven't tried a non micro 4/3 lens yet, so I can't help you out there, but I think Brian Mosely may be able to help out.

And by the way - welcome to mu-43.com, too!:biggrin:

3. trisberg

Apr 14, 2009
    Thanks.

You actually don't need a lens to see this - just take off the lens you have and it should show up without a lens attached. At least it does on mine.

-Thomas

4. BBW

I didn't think one was supposed to have the camera on with the lens off??

Just sent out a call for help...so hang in there.

5. Brian Mosley

Brian Mosley Administrator Emeritus Charter Member

Dec 15, 2009
    Congratulations Thomas! you've discovered a new bug :biggrin:

I'll report it immediately, looks like a firmware fix will be required.

Cheers

Brian

6. trisberg

Apr 14, 2009
    Thanks Brian, sort of glad that my E-P2 isn't broken. Instead everybody's are :eek:

-Thomas

7. Brian Mosley

Brian Mosley Administrator Emeritus Charter Member

Dec 15, 2009
    I've also noticed that, with the EVF attached, the left-cursor option to switch off the screen is disabled... so you have to have either the LCD or the EVF powered - make sure you have your sleep timer set to 1 minute, to save battery power when you have the EVF attached.

Cheers

Brian

8. ahuyevshi

ahuyevshi Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 9, 2010
    Berkeley, CA
    Mines the same...

9. hunghang

hunghang New to Mu-43

Mar 16, 2010
    This is my first post here.

I get something similar. When the B&W Grainy Film Art Filter used and only with the EVF in use. In this combination, i get horizontal PINK lines!!!!!

Doesn't bother me that much, but if this can be rectified via firmware upgrades, I'd be happier.

Loving the EP-2 and Pana 20/1.7 combo.

10. BBW

Very strange. I've never had any of this weird line stuff happen, thankfully. I use the EVF 99.9% of the time.

I did have something else happen recently...but it's not EVF related so I won't post about it here.:wink: