Horizontal blue lines in E-P2 EVF

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by trisberg, Mar 8, 2010.

1. trisberg

trisberg Mu-43 Regular

Apr 14, 2009
    Hi, recently got an EP-2 and have been exploring various settings. Noticed that if I use the EVF and select the "GRAINY FILM" art filter I get six horizontal blue lines across the EVF when I attach a non m43 lens using an adapter. The lines are visible as soon as I remove my M.Zuiko 17mm lens. When I put the M.Zuiko lens back on the lines disappear. Anyone else seeing this? It's only in the EVF, the lines are not visible on the main screen.

-Thomas

2. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Haven't tried a non micro 4/3 lens yet, so I can't help you out there, but I think Brian Mosely may be able to help out.

And by the way - welcome to mu-43.com, too!:biggrin:

3. trisberg

trisberg Mu-43 Regular

Apr 14, 2009
    Thanks.

You actually don't need a lens to see this - just take off the lens you have and it should show up without a lens attached. At least it does on mine.

-Thomas

4. BBW

I didn't think one was supposed to have the camera on with the lens off??

Just sent out a call for help...so hang in there.

5. Brian Mosley

Brian Mosley Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Congratulations Thomas! you've discovered a new bug :biggrin:

I'll report it immediately, looks like a firmware fix will be required.

Cheers

Brian

6. trisberg

trisberg Mu-43 Regular

Apr 14, 2009
    Thanks Brian, sort of glad that my E-P2 isn't broken. Instead everybody's are :eek: 

-Thomas

7. Brian Mosley

Brian Mosley Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    I've also noticed that, with the EVF attached, the left-cursor option to switch off the screen is disabled... so you have to have either the LCD or the EVF powered - make sure you have your sleep timer set to 1 minute, to save battery power when you have the EVF attached.

Cheers

Brian

8. ahuyevshi

ahuyevshi Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 9, 2010
    Berkeley, CA
    Mines the same...

9. hunghang

hunghang New to Mu-43

Mar 16, 2010
    This is my first post here.

I get something similar. When the B&W Grainy Film Art Filter used and only with the EVF in use. In this combination, i get horizontal PINK lines!!!!!

Doesn't bother me that much, but if this can be rectified via firmware upgrades, I'd be happier.

Loving the EP-2 and Pana 20/1.7 combo.

10. BBW

Very strange. I've never had any of this weird line stuff happen, thankfully. I use the EVF 99.9% of the time.

I did have something else happen recently...but it's not EVF related so I won't post about it here.:wink:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.