1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Horizon level off on EM1

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by lightmonkey, Apr 17, 2014.

1. lightmonkey

lightmonkey Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 22, 2013
    never really used it on this cam or any other cam, but decided to toggle it on for curiosity and thought it was a little off compared to intuition... checked it on level surfaces or composed against buildings lines and etc and have to say its a good 2-3 bars off level.

not a big deal - wont send it for calibration - just curious if anyone else has the same thing?

2. OzRay

OzRay Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jan 29, 2010
    South Gippsland, Australia
    Ray, not Oz
    I think that you need to check it against a spirit level to be absolutely certain that it's off.

3. flash

flash Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Apr 29, 2010
    1 hour from Sydney Australia.
    Gordon
    It can be reset/recalibrated in the menus.

Gordon

4. lightmonkey

lightmonkey Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 22, 2013
    ah ha! theres an option for (almost) everything :D 

5. OzRay

OzRay Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jan 29, 2010
    South Gippsland, Australia
    Ray, not Oz
    I just checked mine against a spirit level on my tripod and it was spot on.

6. Growltiger

Growltiger Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 26, 2014
    UK
    Mine was a little off when I bought it. I reset it with the camera on a level surface and it has been perfect ever since.

7. beameup

beameup Mu-43 Regular

Oct 23, 2013
    Mine was off when I received it, so I calibrated it (hot-shoe level, 2 on the tripod/head).

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.