1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

hoping Olympus releases a 4/3 camera with OM-D sensor

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by kevwilfoto, Mar 12, 2013.

1. kevwilfoto

kevwilfoto Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 23, 2011
    Colorado
    There are probably very few people thinking this, but I still miss the solid grip of a full-size DSLR grip, and the Olympus 4/3 lenses are awesome. If Olympus put out an E-40 or E-6 with the OM-D sensor I would totally buy one.

:dash2:

I love the light weight of my OM-D kit, but I find myself longing for that grip and that 4/3 glass. Good thing my wife doesn't read this. :) 

2. DeeJayK

DeeJayK Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 8, 2011
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Keith
    Rumor has it that an E-5 replacement will be announced later this year (at Photokina?). I would expect it to have the OM-D sensor, or perhaps maybe the next generation.

I've noticed that the used prices on some of the great 4/3 lenses seem to have crept down a bit lately since it's been 2.5 years since a 4/3 camera has been announced. Now might be a good time to go bargain hunting in anticipation of the new body.

3. NJH

NJH Mu-43 Regular

Mar 8, 2012
    South West England
    I would buy an E7 if it had the E-M5 sensor but not if it came in an E3 body. I had an E3 and its just frankly too big and heavy for this size sensor format. The E series made a lot of sense to me with bodies such as the E620, but just didn't make any sense as a pro offering with the E3/E5. If Pentax can produce the K5 then surely Olympus could produce a similar size or slightly smaller/lighter fully featured 4/3 SLR.

4. DoofClenas

DoofClenas Who needs a Mirror! Subscribing Member

Nov 9, 2012
    Traverse City, MI
    Clint
    I'm still sportin' the E-5 (although using the EPM2 more), in hopes that the next gen body will be able to use my main lenses that i have (12-60, 50-200 EC-14, and 7-14)...unless someone wants to trade me outright for an OMD body for an E-5 body :biggrin:.

5. Mikefellh

Mikefellh Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 7, 2012
    Toronto, Canada
    Not me...I was missing a feature rich normal SLR sized camera for 10 years (until the E-M5 came out). The E-4xx bodies weren't good enough!

If only they could make the 4/3 lemses work properly with the E-M5, or if the 4/3 body was E-M5 sized!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.