1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Hood´s for Oly 12 and 45mm

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by GRID, Feb 19, 2013.

1. GRID

GRID Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 22, 2011
    I´ve tryed a few hoods for these two lenses and here´s the ones i recomend.

For the Oly 12mm F2 the JJC feels and looks the best i think.
    I tryed a circular one to but it looked big since the lens is quite wide.
    JJC_12mm_01__.
    E-M5    OLYMPUS M.45mm F1.8    45mm    f/1.8    1/250s    ISO 1600

For the Oly 45mm F1.8 i like the LIM´s hood the best, I tryed a smaller circular one here also,
    but the lens feelt very long and thin with it, this one makes it feel much more pro.
    LIM%b4s_45mm_01__.
    DMC-GX1    OLYMPUS M.12mm F2.0    12mm    f/2.0    1/40s    ISO 160

(mounted backwards here)

2. jloden

jloden Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 15, 2012
    Hunterdon County, NJ
    Jay
    Nice, GRID. Are these bayonet mount or screw-in hoods?

I bought a screw in hood for my Oly 12 and 45mm a while back, but I wouldn't mind a reversible bayonet mount. Probably use it a lot more often if I didn't have to screw it in place.

3. GRID

GRID Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 22, 2011
    The one on the 12mm goes on the outside of the lens, then there´s a screw on the outside that make it stick, just lika the original i think?

The one for the 45 is filterthread screw on, but it needs a filter there already but i was lucka to have a macrofilter in the right size, so i just removed the glas from it :) 

• Like Like x 1
  4. Dalton

Dalton Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 24, 2010
    Portland, Oregon USA
    Dan Ferrall
    Good call on the one for the 12mm...

I just bought the same one for my 12mm. I recommend it highly. I use an inexpensive screw on for my 45mm f 1.8. It works well too.
    Dan

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.