Honor Mission for Al "Bluesman" Philo 8/02/10

Discussion in 'Street, Documentary, and Portrait' started by Streetshooter, Aug 2, 2010.

1. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus Subscribing Member Charter Member

Dec 15, 2009
    Phila, Pa USA
    Here's a link to the gallery for the mission for my friend Al.
    about 8 frames with the Pen 1 & 9-18. The rest with the Pen 2 and the 14-45 Panny.

Don Springer Photography

shooter

• Like Like x 2
  2. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus Charter Member

Thank you, Don. I'm sorry for your loss of your good friend Al.

3. Streetshooter

Dec 15, 2009
    Phila, Pa USA
    Thanks BB,
    Al was a True American Patriot. He was a music teacher for 30+ years.
    When he got involved in the "Cause"...POW/MIA, he went to schools to talk with the kids on their level to explain what it meant.
    He fought for Veterans rights. He spent countless days in the VA hospitals entertaining the vets with his guitar and singing the Blues...
    He left behind his long time friend, his dog, Snort.
    He never served in the military but he was treated as a Hero, that he was.

• Like Like x 2
  4. john1027

john1027 Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 5, 2010
    Alexandria, VA USA
    Well-done, as usual. I liked them all but especially #154. That old soldier hasn't lost his form. Looks like you used the E-P1 and 9-18 for all of them. Thanks for sharing the link.

5. Streetshooter

Dec 15, 2009
    Phila, Pa USA
    Thanks John.
    I knew you'd like them. Actually, I think less than 10 were with the 9-18. Most were with the Panny 14-45. It is a fabulous lens. I have to admit....I used the Pen 2 with the finder.
    It just works so well. How are you doing with the new G2? I think shortly, I'm gonna start looking for one.
    Don

6. john1027

john1027 Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 5, 2010
    Alexandria, VA USA
    Much happier now that I can work with the RAW images directly in Aperture 3. I shot 3 quick shots tonight as the sun was setting and the untouched RAW images in A3 looked good right from the camera and are much better than the untouched jpegs. I am planning on getting the 14-140 lens soon as I am not too fond of the G2 14-42. If I had the 14-45, I might not be as interested.