1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Honeymoon Pictures

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by anrima, Jul 10, 2014.

1. anrima

anrima Mu-43 Rookie

May 20, 2014
    Vallejo, CA
    Drew
    So my new wife and I just got back from our month long honeymoon in Nicaragua. I bought my Olympus OM-D E-M1 and accompanying 12-40 lens specifically for this trip and our future travels. I wanted to share some of the pictures that were my favorite from the trip; I was amazed by how much this camera could do and I feel like I'm just scratching the surface! (If you want to read about our trip/see more candids feel free to check out our blog at http://www.loveandbackpacks.com).

wpid-p6240817-edit-1024x576.

wpid-p6280325-edit.

wpid-p6270194-edit-1024x576.

wpid-p6190061-edit.

Any comments, tips or advice would be much appreciated. I am new to both the Micro 4/3 world and to post processing raw images. At home I use LR5 and on the road I used Photo Mate R2 on a Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4. I was impressed with the capabilities of the tablet but the workflow was difficult to say the least on it.

• Like Like x 5
  2. anrima

anrima Mu-43 Rookie

May 20, 2014
    Vallejo, CA
    Drew
    In addition, I tried some up close and personal shots of some of the beautiful vegetation. This was shot at the Arenal volcano in Costa Rica.

P7020582-1024x768.

• Like Like x 6
  3. anrima

anrima Mu-43 Rookie

May 20, 2014
    Vallejo, CA
    Drew
    Additional scenery from near Arenal in Costa Rica:

P7020603-1024x768.

• Like Like x 2
  4. turbodieselvw

turbodieselvw Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 29, 2010
    Ottawa
  5. randyspan

randyspan Mu-43 Veteran

May 24, 2014
    New Hampshire, USA
    Randy Spann
    Congrats! - lovely pics. I'm especially impressed with the detail in #2, exceptional lens!

6. anrima

anrima Mu-43 Rookie

May 20, 2014
    Vallejo, CA
    Drew
    It really is - the versatility of this lens absolutely amazes me every time I take it out. We are off to Europe tomorrow for almost three weeks of kicking about, I just got a circular polarized filter so I think that will help with some of my outdoor shots (I wished I'd had it at the beach). So feel free to follow us on the blog if you want to see more shots, I'm hoping to get to Neuschwanstein and get some pictures there. I can't wait until the M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 40-150mm F2.8 PRO comes out. These two lenses will be the perfect combo I think for the camera for someone with limited baggage space.

When we get back from Europe I will try and post more from the honeymoon as well as more photos from the trip to Europe.

7. xdayv

xdayv Color Blind

Aug 26, 2011
    Tacloban City, Philippines
    Dave
    Nice, looks like one amazing trip. For processing, you can try Adobe's Creative Cloud with Lightroom Mobile... you can make basic adjustments and sorting on your Pad/Tab then sync it back to your LR5.

8. anrima

anrima Mu-43 Rookie

May 20, 2014
    Vallejo, CA
    Drew
    Dave I had considered that option and tried it out briefly, but I found my best option was utilizing the Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro with Photo Mate R2, it has nearly all of the options of full lightroom + I can use USB OTG + 128 GB thumbdrive to back up my pictures. This option worked fairly basically well, but the management aspect of my photo library was a bit difficult.

I am just bringing my laptop along to Europe and going to use LR5 the whole way. (For reference I shot about 50 GB of pictures during the month I was in Nicaragua)

9. xdayv

xdayv Color Blind

Aug 26, 2011
    Dave
    I'll check on the Photo Mate R2. I'm on the fence in getting an MBA for a full LR5 on the go versus LR mobile on the Pad/Tab. That's a lot 50gb! Although my last 1-week trip cost me 68gb, but that's another story. Share more of your honeymoon pics...

10. anrima

anrima Mu-43 Rookie

May 20, 2014
    Vallejo, CA
    Drew
    I definitely will share additional pictures as I finish post processing, I'm currently packing for leaving in the morning for Europe for an additional three weeks.

Our destinations in Nicaragua were the Corn islands, San Juan del sur, Ometepe and Granada.

Sent from my iPhone using Mu-43

11. xdayv

xdayv Color Blind

Aug 26, 2011
    Dave
    Have fun.

12. speedandstyle

speedandstyle Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Not exactly the pics I thought would be here :tongue: I like the pink hibiscus the best.

13. anrima

anrima Mu-43 Rookie

May 20, 2014
    Vallejo, CA
    Drew
    Thanks! I have some other shots from the day that need a little work, but that was at Arenal in Costa Rica.

Sent from my iPhone using Mu-43

14. You still seem to be in good spirits, so I am assuming that you didn't try to do something dumb like climb Vulkan Concepción on Ometepe as I did.

15. anrima

anrima Mu-43 Rookie

May 20, 2014
    Vallejo, CA
    Drew
    Haha we did Maderas, which when we submitted the guide told us Conception is easier in the wet season. We proceeded to get the snot kicked out of us on the way down. We self medicated with lots of Toña and Flur de Caña.

Olympus OM-D E-M1, m.Zuiko PRO 12-40mm

www.loveandbackpacks.com

16. anrima

anrima Mu-43 Rookie

May 20, 2014
    Vallejo, CA
    Drew
    Here's a few more pictures from our trip to Europe, the first is a statue of Mary and Christ in the Cologne Cathedral in Germany, and the second is at the Eagle's Nest above Berchtesgaden.

P7230178-768x1024.

image-1024x768.

• Like Like x 2