Honda S2000

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by CalebPhotographer, May 20, 2010.

1. CalebPhotographer

CalebPhotographer Mu-43 Regular

Apr 1, 2010
    Florida
    Olympus E-P1 17mm @ ƒ/2.8
    <a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/calebphotographer/4583764272/" title="S2000 Rear by CalebPhotographer, on Flickr">[​IMG]"1024" height="583" alt="S2000 Rear" /></a>

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/calebphotographer/4583137205/" title="S2000 Left by CalebPhotographer, on Flickr">[​IMG]"1024" height="772" alt="S2000 Left" /></a>

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/calebphotographer/4583136933/" title="S2000 Rear by CalebPhotographer, on Flickr">[​IMG]"1024" height="771" alt="S2000 Rear" /></a>

Olympus E-P1 17mm @ ƒ/9
    <a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/calebphotographer/4583766966/" title="S2000 Above by CalebPhotographer, on Flickr">[​IMG]"1024" height="768" alt="S2000 Above" /></a>

Honda Rebel 250 headlamp pointed towards rainwater as light source.
    Photo #2, eight exposures.
    Photo #3, five exposures.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Jamus

Jamus Mu-43 Regular

Apr 18, 2010
    Liking the first and last shots!
    However the second and third shots look a bit too much on the HDR side... you've taken the highlights out of key parts, and taken the shadows and brought them into midtones a bit too much. The third one especially is an example of this on the back side of the car... It doesn't look yellow anymore!

3. CalebPhotographer

Apr 1, 2010
    Florida
    That's what I was going for. The owner of the car wanted the shots styled in that way. Also, due to the time of day that we met, I was not able to take any shots more suited to my tastes. The first shot is the closest that I could muster. Personally I am pleased with the second and third shots, as they are exactly what I was going for.

Thanks for your feedback,
    - Caleb

4. kevinparis

kevinparis Cantankerous Scotsman Subscribing Member

Feb 12, 2010
    Gent, Belgium
    death to HDR :)

spawn of the devil... especially when not done well

K

5. Jamus

Jamus Mu-43 Regular

Apr 18, 2010
    My main concerns which irk me mainly are the highlights being turned an unappealing gray in the third image, the obvious glow from masking on the 2nd image, and the color produced on the car due to the HDR on both the 2nd and 3rd (especially the 3rd, it's turned that beautiful car yellow into something vastly different and unappealing imo).

But if you are satisfied and your client is as well, that's all that matters!
    ~Jamus

6. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus Subscribing Member Charter Member

Dec 15, 2009
    Phila, Pa USA
    If you set your flash to 2nd curtain, then the car would look more natural as the light trail would follow the car not the reverse......

7. Boyzo

Boyzo Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 3, 2010
    I-Vtec

The second shot is great and the best of the series, the first shot is not a good viewpoint.

Forget lenses and all that this car is a true bespoke sports car the I-Vtec engine is incredible with stunning looks and handling to match.

Yellow is NOT its best colour !!

After its launch controlled racetrack tests against the Porsche Boxter 2.5 L model and the BMW Z4 3L the S2000 embarrassed the opposition,Lapping quicker :biggrin:

8. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus Charter Member

Hey, CalebPhotographer thanks for posting these. I'm not sure you were expecting a critique. My favorite is the first one because of the reflection in the puddles and the tire tracks. Most importantly, I hope your client will be very pleased!:drinks:

9. CalebPhotographer

Apr 1, 2010
    Florida
    Yessir! Such a joy to ride passenger in during street races. Exhilarating.

So I did a poor job on the "cartoony" HDR look?

There was no masking? I used photomatix. There were some glitches on the wall in the background that I used photoshop to doctor out. But the car is untouched.