@Home Weekly Photo Challenge

A few test indicators, 4 Swiss made, 2 Japan made, 1 England made and 1 US made. They are .0005" or .00001" resolution.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
EM125257-1 by Harvey Richards, on Flickr

When I really want precision, this is the one I reach for. Only $1.00 new.

EM125307-1 by Harvey Richards, on Flickr

I also have a serious vise vice.
Some of the tools I use for starting.
View attachment 862883
You need one of these, folding rule and calipers. Lufkin also made a model that would read degrees on the hinge.

EM125318-1 by Harvey Richards, on Flickr

I also have a serious vise vice. A few of my smaller ones.

EM125328-1 by Harvey Richards, on Flickr

EM125348-1 by Harvey Richards, on Flickr

Zapp DJR

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Darek

Acraftman

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Verifying roundosity,
As for this house we shall play no square music :laugh:!
custom settings-29.jpg

Last edited:

jederick

Mu-43 Top Veteran
You have quite an assortment of machinist tools, all well used and taken care of. I've had Mitutoyo, Brown & Sharpe and Federal indicators and calipers and always amazed a klutz like myself could measure in "tenths"!!
Years ago I had a guy working for me that had no credit. I purchased a used B & S 0.0001” indicator on eBay for him. It complicated my shop because he was always trying to zero out parts on machines that weren’t capable of that tight of a tolerance. I also made parts for a guy that wanted everything held to tenths tolerance, but had no way of actually measuring the end tolerances.

A few sanders and routers. The black topped router on the lower right is a Power Kraft which was sold by Montgomery Wards. It was likely made by Stanley because it uses the same collars and other accessories as my Bosch routers use. The router also belonged to my Grandfather.

EM125375-1 by Harvey Richards, on Flickr

jederick

Mu-43 Top Veteran
A few sanders and routers. The black topped router on the lower right is a Power Kraft which was sold by Montgomery Wards. It was likely made by Stanley because it uses the same collars and other accessories as my Bosch routers use. The router also belonged to my Grandfather.

View attachment 863473EM125375-1 by Harvey Richards, on Flickr
Okay, so this is your horde of corded power tools...now show us the collection of cordless power tools! If you're missing something I can't spot it.

Walter

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Walter
Finding the tools posts a bit testosteron-oriented I want to throw in a counterpoint. ;)
So here's my collection of most important tools depending whether I'm behind the wood&steel, the lens or in front of the cooker.
P1026900.1.JPG

Attachments

Last edited:
Okay, so this is your horde of corded power tools...now show us the collection of cordless power tools! If you're missing something I can't spot it.
Most of my collection of cordless is old and comatose, batteries that will no longer charge. I do have a Bosch screwdriver (my first tool with lithium batteries) that is 15 years old and will still charge though. My newest are mostly 12 V Milwaukee tools that really impress me with battery life and power.

Finding the tools posts a bit testosteron-orientated I want to throw in a counterpoint. ;)
So here's my collection of most important tools depending whether I'm behind the wood&steel, the lens or in front of the cooker.
View attachment 863522
I would guess that testosterone oriented tools were used to create all of your gender neutral tools.

jederick

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Most of my collection of cordless is old and comatose, batteries that will no longer charge. I do have a Bosch screwdriver (my first tool with lithium batteries) that is 15 years old and will still charge though. My newest are mostly 12 V Milwaukee tools that really impress me with battery life and power.
Agree...I have a Milwaukee "D12 Fuel" brushless drill and amazed at its power and battery life...charge it in January and use it all year. Best cordless drill I've had.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom