home made EPL1 cable release

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by BAKatz, Apr 13, 2011.

1. BAKatz

BAKatz Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 9, 2010
    Riverdale, NY
    OK..i finally got it to work...Parts list...
    1-5" 1/4 x 20 bolt
    2-4' lighting crossbars
    4-1/4 " lock washers
    3-1/4 x 20 wingnuts
    1-#10-12 ribbed plastic drywall anchor ( the blue one )

First...enlarge the slots on the bars to allow for the bolt and the screw on the tripod ( a dremel works well )...don't overdo the slots....next slide a washer down the bolt, then the bottom bar ( make sure the tapped center hole is facing down ), next, anotherwasher and the run down a locknut and tighten...place the other slot over the tripod screw and place the camera on and tighten....run down another locknut about 2"....do this one upside down, next, another washer, the other bar, the last washer, and the last wingnut...cut down the anchor and pop your release in, ( you may have to ream the anchor a bit )next position the release near the shutter button...adjust up/down, slide back and forth...be careful to not be too close or too far from the shutter...you should be able to half press and then fully depress the shutter button...that's it....it ain't pretty, and feel free to make changes...total cost...about 5$....

2. Hyubie

Hyubie Unique like everyone else

Oct 15, 2010
    Massachusetts
    Herbert
    Sorry I'm no handyman so I cannot picture the parts. Can you post some pictures of the final product on the E-PL1? Very interested with this. :)

Thanks!

3. BAKatz

BAKatz Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 9, 2010
    Riverdale, NY
    working on it...having trouble uploading pics

4. BAKatz

BAKatz Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 9, 2010
    Riverdale, NY
    well...the pictures are there , i really suck at this stuff....but you get the idea....i'll try to get everything all together next time....if someone wants to put everything in one post...knock yourself out....i'm not even sure what i did..............

5. BAKatz

BAKatz Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 9, 2010
    Riverdale, NY
    The images can be seen at the threads remote pics, and remote pic......sorry for the inconvenience.........( this is the last time i'm stating my apologies )......there are 3 pictures in total...parts....parts assembled......and on the tripod with camera.....

6. EP1-GF1

EP1-GF1 Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 12, 2011