Home Made Camera Sling

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by happybabyhippo, Jan 4, 2013.

1. happybabyhippo

happybabyhippo New to Mu-43

Aug 31, 2012
    Hi, guys! This is my first post, and I just wanted to share what I made with you guys.

I've been researching a lot about Camera Shoulder Slings and have found that they are either overpriced for what they are or are made by a shady company that I don't know if I'd trust the sling to carry my camera without worrying about needing to buy a new one. So, I went on a google rampage and looked high and low about DIY projects in making these slings.

I first came up with a rather crude looking strap where I bought a 1/4" ring screw, some rubber spacers and washers and attached the ring screw to my G3's tripod receptacle. I then used an old snap removable bag strap and attached my camera to it (attaching both snaps to the ring screw). I took this setup to the UK where I snapped away. It did the job, the only problem was that when I'd bring the camera up to take shots, the whole strap would move around my body.

When I got home, I went back to the drawing board and searched my home for a strap I don't anymore need. Low and behold, I found my old Guitar Hero strap. I undid it fromt he guitar, took an old metal square sling and fashioned a strap that was adjustable. I also attached the old metal snaps from my old bag strap and voila. The camera now glides while leaving my strap steady on my body.

I recently ordered a blackrapid Fastnr just so the bottom of my camera at least looks good.

Attached Files:

2. faisalj

faisalj Mu-43 Rookie

Jan 4, 2013
    Awesome work mannn... :)
  3. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Sweet - love DIY! :cool: