Home Made Camera Sling

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by happybabyhippo, Jan 4, 2013.

1. happybabyhippo

happybabyhippo New to Mu-43

Aug 31, 2012
    Hi, guys! This is my first post, and I just wanted to share what I made with you guys.

I've been researching a lot about Camera Shoulder Slings and have found that they are either overpriced for what they are or are made by a shady company that I don't know if I'd trust the sling to carry my camera without worrying about needing to buy a new one. So, I went on a google rampage and looked high and low about DIY projects in making these slings.

I first came up with a rather crude looking strap where I bought a 1/4" ring screw, some rubber spacers and washers and attached the ring screw to my G3's tripod receptacle. I then used an old snap removable bag strap and attached my camera to it (attaching both snaps to the ring screw). I took this setup to the UK where I snapped away. It did the job, the only problem was that when I'd bring the camera up to take shots, the whole strap would move around my body.

When I got home, I went back to the drawing board and searched my home for a strap I don't anymore need. Low and behold, I found my old Guitar Hero strap. I undid it fromt he guitar, took an old metal square sling and fashioned a strap that was adjustable. I also attached the old metal snaps from my old bag strap and voila. The camera now glides while leaving my strap steady on my body.

I recently ordered a blackrapid Fastnr just so the bottom of my camera at least looks good.

Attached Files:

2. faisalj

faisalj Mu-43 Rookie

Jan 4, 2013
    Singapore
    Awesome work mannn... :) 

3. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    Sweet - love DIY! :cool: 

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.