1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Holy Shutter Counts, Batman!

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Bokeaji, May 1, 2012.

1. Bokeaji

Bokeaji Gonzo's Dad O.*

Aug 6, 2011
    Austin, TX
    so, in an effort to (further) justify my purchasing the em5, and knowing that i MAY immediately be playing another camera preorder on May 10th... i decided to check my shutter counts, as a...

"see look, i DO use these cameras a ton, so i need MORE of them so they dont wear out too fast! like your shoes! see! its like shoes!"

... and i was pretty shocked that my oly e30 had so many! ~32k!

my ep3, which everyone swears i use way more than my e30 only has ~17k...

tho it has been had for a lot less time, and the e30 was used to shoot motorcycle racing... where i maxed out the burst quite frequently as people came zooming around corners... so i can kind of see it

but anyways... anyone else shocked by their shutter count??

2. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    SoCal
    Personally, your counts are merely a warm up for how I shoot. lol )I shoot a lot of sports and theatrical performances.)

Gary

PS- My dinosaur FF Canons have a 300,000 shutter actuation guaranty.
    G

3. kinlau

kinlau Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 29, 2012
    Shocked? No, but I've only had to replace the shutter on my original Canon 300D. My 1Ds came to me with a 200,000 shutter count already along with a 90% discount :)

4. Promit

Promit Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 6, 2011
    Baltimore, MD
    Promit Roy
    My PM1 is not even 6k. A little disappointed in myself, actually.

5. Justified_Sinner

Justified_Sinner Mu-43 Regular

Feb 11, 2010
    Scotland, UK
    Dauvit Alexander
    I was a bit disappointed to see that my G1 has only clocked 20487 after three years.

:frown:

6. Bokeaji

Bokeaji Gonzo's Dad O.*

Aug 6, 2011
    Austin, TX
    GASP!
    yeah well before my e30 i had a nikon d70(that i got based on specs over an oly e1... MISTAKE!) that im SURE i took at LEAST 1k photos with... no... not 100k... just 1k... i hated it and gave it to my sister and went back to lusting the e1... LOL!

hopefully the em5 will go a tad higher for me in a time:shuttercount ratio
    hehe