Holy Shutter Counts, Batman!

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Bokeaji, May 1, 2012.

1. Bokeaji

Bokeaji Gonzo's Dad O.*

Aug 6, 2011
    Austin, TX
    so, in an effort to (further) justify my purchasing the em5, and knowing that i MAY immediately be playing another camera preorder on May 10th... i decided to check my shutter counts, as a...

"see look, i DO use these cameras a ton, so i need MORE of them so they dont wear out too fast! like your shoes! see! its like shoes!"

... and i was pretty shocked that my oly e30 had so many! ~32k!

my ep3, which everyone swears i use way more than my e30 only has ~17k...

tho it has been had for a lot less time, and the e30 was used to shoot motorcycle racing... where i maxed out the burst quite frequently as people came zooming around corners... so i can kind of see it

but anyways... anyone else shocked by their shutter count??
  2. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    Personally, your counts are merely a warm up for how I shoot. lol )I shoot a lot of sports and theatrical performances.)

PS- My dinosaur FF Canons have a 300,000 shutter actuation guaranty.
  3. kinlau

kinlau Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 29, 2012
    Shocked? No, but I've only had to replace the shutter on my original Canon 300D. My 1Ds came to me with a 200,000 shutter count already along with a 90% discount :)
  4. Promit

Promit Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 6, 2011
    Baltimore, MD
    Promit Roy
    My PM1 is not even 6k. A little disappointed in myself, actually.
  5. Justified_Sinner

Justified_Sinner Mu-43 Regular

Feb 11, 2010
    Scotland, UK
    Dauvit Alexander
    I was a bit disappointed to see that my G1 has only clocked 20487 after three years.

6. Bokeaji

Bokeaji Gonzo's Dad O.*

Aug 6, 2011
    Austin, TX
    yeah well before my e30 i had a nikon d70(that i got based on specs over an oly e1... MISTAKE!) that im SURE i took at LEAST 1k photos with... no... not 100k... just 1k... i hated it and gave it to my sister and went back to lusting the e1... LOL!

hopefully the em5 will go a tad higher for me in a time:shuttercount ratio