1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Hollywood Beach Florida

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by TNcasual, Aug 29, 2016.

1. TNcasual

TNcasual Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 2, 2014
    Knoxville, TN
    I get to travel for a conference in mid-October to Hollywood Beach Florida. While I will be busy at the conference I should be able to get some evening free. What should I look for to shoot? Anything?

I am still working out my travel plans, It is possible I could have a whole morning (4-5 hours) free. If at all possible I would like to get out of the city and see some Florida nature.

Any thoughts?

2. barry13

barry13 Super Moderator; Photon Wrangler

Mar 7, 2014
    Southern California
    Barry
    Everglades would be the closest wildlife area.
    I'm not sure the difference between the two regions.

I remember going on a fan boat when I was a kid, but not much else.

Miami has some Art Deco architecture & neon.

3. battleaxe

battleaxe Mu-43 Top Veteran

I think Hollywood to Miami is like a 30-45 minute drive. If do any street or architectural shots, I'd suggest the South Beach region, specially Collins Ave, and other places people are doing things.

4. TNcasual

TNcasual Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 2, 2014
    Knoxville, TN
    Thanks. I was considering going down to South beach for the architecture/street shooting.

5. adamsmt2013

adamsmt2013 Mu-43 Regular

Aug 31, 2013
    Awesome restaurants in South Beach. Almost every one has outdoor seating along the sidewalks for people watching. Also, keep an eye out for exotic cars - they are pretty common in South Beach.

6. mcrosa

mcrosa Mu-43 Regular

Jun 26, 2013
    Miami, Florida
    Mike Crosa
    From Hollywood, Florida to South Beach can be one heck of a drive with the traffic we have. Figure an hour or more each way. You would be better off heading North to Ft Lauderdale, and visit one of the many wonderful restaurants on the beach itself and people watching or taking a tour of the river. If you want to take some tours, check on Groupon. They are constantly having discounts on tours. As for nature, I believe Johnathan Dickinson State Park is not to far away. I assume you have a rental car. Otherwise check out the tours for a morning. Above all enjoy the weather which should have moderated from the heat wave we have been having.

• Like Like x 1
  7. TNcasual

TNcasual Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 2, 2014
    Knoxville, TN
    Bumping this up.

I am leaving this weekend. I need to check the weather.

8. AndyCr

AndyCr Mu-43 Regular

Nov 10, 2013
    Pembroke Pines, Fl
    Andy Cripps
    Still raining, sorry. Looking at the weather forecast for the next week or so, daytime highs are in the low to mid-80's, nighttime lows are in the mid 70's, and rain is forecast every day for the next week. Not quite as humid as it was a month ago but still... I am so ready for the wet season to end

Hollywood, FL | 81.3° | Partly Cloudy

9. littletim

littletim Mu-43 Rookie

Jan 30, 2016
    Some of my favorite places is Key Biscayne in South Miami. Another good place is John U Loyd Park or TY Park near Hollywood.

10. TNcasual

TNcasual Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 2, 2014
    Knoxville, TN
    I'm in the Ft. Lauderdale airport waiting on my plane to leave. I managed some nice beach sunrise and moonrise shots early in the week. Yesterday afternoon I spent out in the Everglades. This morning was South Beach and Anne Kolb Nature Center. I have quite a few shots to curate.

• Like Like x 2