Holi - Festival from Spiritual Place of INDIA

atomicmak

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Mital Patel
From Mathura the birth place of Lord Krishna.
Holi Festival is the most colorful festival in india and people world over visit this place in these days for photographing the amazing 4-5 days festival .. Posting few of mine taken with Olympus EM1 mkII and Em5 Mk ii with 45f/1.2 and 7-14 f/2.8

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Julia

Mu-43 Veteran
Ok, that your pictures are amazing is a given -- especially numbers 9 and 10 are stunning! But more importantly: how did you keep your gear safe? :D With all those colors flying around (literally), did you protect cameras and lenses somehow? Or did you just resign yourself to having to clean them thoroughly? And how did you YOU look after diving in to get those close ups? ;)

atomicmak

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Mital Patel
Ok, that your pictures are amazing is a given -- especially numbers 9 and 10 are stunning! But more importantly: how did you keep your gear safe? :D With all those colors flying around (literally), did you protect cameras and lenses somehow? Or did you just resign yourself to having to clean them thoroughly? And how did you YOU look after diving in to get those close ups? ;)
First let me thank u for taking time on each images and glad u liked them.

I had olympus em1.2 mounted 45mm f1.2 on it and so theses closeups came in place.
More over we had wrapped the camera eith food plastic wrap over to it used doctor tape to stick. benefit of food plastic is it allows to use those dials easily as its very much thin.

yes this place has heavy use of powder that goes in every open area. But having said thsi is weather shield body and lens after first day u was comfident to use it open although I didnt used open.

compare to other cameras i sa
say olympus is pretty rugged. i had at instance em5ii with 7-14 mounted and i used it against throwing powder and even coming in water splashes without fear .

sometimes a call has to be taken. i go back and clean the camera with wet wipes and makeup brush thoroughly and boom i was as clean as it was.

atomicmak

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Mital Patel
Here is the photo of mine someone took at the place that shows my camera protection.

Here is the photo of mine someone took at the place that shows my camera protection.
View attachment 735682
First of all, fantastic pics! Second, great that you had the guts to take your expensive equipment out during holi, when colored dust and colored water are flung at you with abandon. Third, thanks for sharing what you did to protect your equipment. That is a great photo of you with your gear!

Rick Walker

New to Mu-43
From Mathura the birth place of Lord Krishna.
Holi Festival is the most colorful festival in india and people world over visit this place in these days for photographing the amazing 4-5 days festival .. Posting few of mine taken with Olympus EM1 mkII and Em5 Mk ii with 45f/1.2 and 7-14 f/2.8
Absolutely wonderful!

atomicmak

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Mital Patel
Thank you all for the kind words and glad you all liked the output. I wish to have a wonderful next year with different process and thoughts to cover there.
Until then finding the next target :dance4:

Jonathan F/2

Mu-43 Legend
Great shots! Awesome to see the real thing and not the fake festivals thrown by people who just appropriate the event with no respect for the history behind it.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom