1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Holga lenses for the micro 4/3

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by Tothepetercopter, Jul 11, 2012.

1. Tothepetercopter

Tothepetercopter Mu-43 Regular

Feb 1, 2012
    Indiana
  2. dhazeghi

dhazeghi Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Aug 6, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    Dara
    Yes, it's the same lens mount.

DH

3. crsnydertx

crsnydertx Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 31, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Chuck
    Holga Direct sells many versions to match different lens mounts. If you get the one that's specified for μ4/3 - either Oly or Panasonic - you should be good to go.

4. Tothepetercopter

Feb 1, 2012
    Indiana
    Ok cool, thanks. Reason I was wondering is I was on the lensbaby site and saw that the M4/3 composer wasn't useable on the OMD (For one reason or another) so I kinda wondered if it was the same for the holga lenses.

Thanks for the clarification. =)

5. DeeJayK

DeeJayK Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 8, 2011
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Keith
    This is not exactly true re: Lensbaby. The Lensbaby Composer Pro does fit on the OM-D, it's the older Tilt Transformer that will not work (or at the very least is an extremely tight fit) due to the protruding "pentaprism" of the OM-D.

I'm not aware of any other adapters that have similar issues with the OM-D (or any other particular :43: body.) You shouldn't have any trouble with the Holga.

Be sure to come back and share your experiences with the Holga kit once you've played with it.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Tothepetercopter

Feb 1, 2012
    Indiana

7. jsc

jsc New to Mu-43

Jul 10, 2012
    Austin, TX
    Ordered a lens

Thanks for the link. I passed on the "kitchen sink" setup and order the $17 standard lens for my GH2. Shipping was only $4.25.

I have used PS6 to create some Holga effects. I was tickled with the look, but wasn't looking forward to the hassle of shooting 120 film and having to get it processed.

This seems like a good solution for less than $22. Hopefully I will have the chunk of plastic funkiness in-hand in a few weeks.

8. phrenic

phrenic Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 13, 2010
    Just ordered one too (though from Ebay). Seems like a fun use for 16$ or so. And I can throw it on my E-P1 for some retro lomo fun. And the awful AF doesn't even matter!

9. Kingsfan

Kingsfan Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 22, 2010
    highland park, CA
    Q
    i bought the 60mm from a local shop, but then realized it was for 4/3rds and not m4/3rds. they didn't have the correct lens so i kinda forgot about it. this thread reminded me so i just ordered the 2 lenses they have for olympus pen.

10. chasm

chasm Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 2, 2010
    In my view, £11 very well spent. Why spend hours in PP when you can get such a beautiful, nostalgic, precisely imprecise look in an instant (ie at the moment of capture) with the Holga?
    Also it weighs about the same as a robin's egg and so no excuse for not having it about you.

11. chasm

chasm Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 2, 2010
    That's an English robin, by the way, not the larger American robin.

12. crsnydertx

crsnydertx Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 31, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Chuck
    And the American Robin is actually a thrush that happened to remind the early colonists of the beloved English Robin....but I digress.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.