1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Holga lenses for the micro 4/3

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by Tothepetercopter, Jul 11, 2012.

1. Tothepetercopter

Tothepetercopter Mu-43 Regular

Feb 1, 2012
    Indiana
  2. dhazeghi

dhazeghi Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 6, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    Dara
    Yes, it's the same lens mount.

DH

3. crsnydertx

crsnydertx Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 31, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Chuck
    Holga Direct sells many versions to match different lens mounts. If you get the one that's specified for μ4/3 - either Oly or Panasonic - you should be good to go.

4. Tothepetercopter

Feb 1, 2012
    Indiana
    Ok cool, thanks. Reason I was wondering is I was on the lensbaby site and saw that the M4/3 composer wasn't useable on the OMD (For one reason or another) so I kinda wondered if it was the same for the holga lenses.

Thanks for the clarification. =)

5. DeeJayK

DeeJayK Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 8, 2011
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Keith
    This is not exactly true re: Lensbaby. The Lensbaby Composer Pro does fit on the OM-D, it's the older Tilt Transformer that will not work (or at the very least is an extremely tight fit) due to the protruding "pentaprism" of the OM-D.

I'm not aware of any other adapters that have similar issues with the OM-D (or any other particular :43: body.) You shouldn't have any trouble with the Holga.

Be sure to come back and share your experiences with the Holga kit once you've played with it.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Tothepetercopter

Feb 1, 2012
    Indiana

7. jsc

jsc New to Mu-43

Jul 10, 2012
    Austin, TX
    Ordered a lens

Thanks for the link. I passed on the "kitchen sink" setup and order the $17 standard lens for my GH2. Shipping was only $4.25.

I have used PS6 to create some Holga effects. I was tickled with the look, but wasn't looking forward to the hassle of shooting 120 film and having to get it processed.

This seems like a good solution for less than $22. Hopefully I will have the chunk of plastic funkiness in-hand in a few weeks.

8. phrenic

phrenic Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 13, 2010
    Just ordered one too (though from Ebay). Seems like a fun use for 16$ or so. And I can throw it on my E-P1 for some retro lomo fun. And the awful AF doesn't even matter!

9. Kingsfan

Kingsfan Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 22, 2010
    highland park, CA
    Q
    i bought the 60mm from a local shop, but then realized it was for 4/3rds and not m4/3rds. they didn't have the correct lens so i kinda forgot about it. this thread reminded me so i just ordered the 2 lenses they have for olympus pen.

10. chasm

chasm Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 2, 2010
    In my view, £11 very well spent. Why spend hours in PP when you can get such a beautiful, nostalgic, precisely imprecise look in an instant (ie at the moment of capture) with the Holga?
    Also it weighs about the same as a robin's egg and so no excuse for not having it about you.

11. chasm

chasm Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 2, 2010
    That's an English robin, by the way, not the larger American robin.

12. crsnydertx

crsnydertx Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 31, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Chuck
    And the American Robin is actually a thrush that happened to remind the early colonists of the beloved English Robin....but I digress.