1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Holding a GM1 or GM5 one-handed with a Joby Pod; Figg Rig bonus

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by amphibulous, Dec 17, 2015.

1. amphibulous

amphibulous Mu-43 Regular

Dec 16, 2015
    Put the camera on a Joby Hybrid (or a decent clone) then bend one leg into position to act as a front of body grip. Unlike when using the standard add-on grips, your fingers will nestle into the spaces between the pod's spheres and take the camera's weight, letting you take the pressure off your thumb. Now take the other two legs and wrap them as much as you can around your wrist to provide a brace. Your little friend should now be very stable indeed - you won't need any thumb pressure except will using the release.

However, people may think that your wrist is under the control of a small alien or robot.

You can also used a pod as a mini-Figg Rig. These tricks may work even better with a larger pod; I haven't tried yet.

(I tried taking photos using a mirror, but my arm hid most of the details and I think the above is simple enough to follow. But if anyone really needs photos I'll come up with something.)

• Like Like x 1