Hold the mayo

Do you put condiments on your hamburgers or hot dogs?

• No. Condiments. Ever.

• On hamburgers only

• On hot dogs only

• Depends on what's available/convenient

• I mix it up so much that a poll won't capture my tastes.

• No, but I just spilled coffee on my laptop

Results are only viewable after voting.

PhotoCal

Mu-43 Veteran
Do you put condiments on your hamburgers or hot dogs?
My favorite hot dogs have fresh tomato, onions, relish and mustard.
But when it comes to hamburgers, I prefer nothing but fresh produce. No condiments. I want to taste the meat! Anyone can pimp a lame burger with "secret sauce".

I had a picture of a recent hamburger but it wasn't taken with m43 so ...

demiro

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
50/50 blend of ketchup and gojuchang on my Impossible burger. I guess that's an example of "pimping a lame burger".

Back when I ate animals I preferred mustard and onions on a well-done hot dog, and occasionally a chilli dog or three. I did burgers every which way, but I agree with PhotoCal, if I had a really high quality burger I liked a little lettuce, tomato and a thin slice of onion, sans sauce. Cheap burgers with cheese, ketchup and a layer of french fries was pretty tasty as well. While I'm reminiscing about meat, I'm recalling a burger I used to make when I was a bartender and had to cook at times: butter-toasted bun, medium-thick burger with a thick hunk of American cheese cheese with chunks of salami embedded in it, and a healthy slice of raw onion. That was a good burger. And damn I really want one of those now...

RichardC

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Richard
Both snacks require as much crap on them as possible to mask the taste of 14/72/8/2/2/2 meat/grain/cartilage/eyes/brain/teeth ensemble and sterilised bread. An accompanying cup of terrible coffee is a prerequisite.

The whole point of hot dogs and hamburgers is that you're ravenous and that's what's nearest.

PeteS

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Pete Staehling
It greatly depends on availability of toppings and mood. On hotdogs fresh raw onions, sweet relish, ketchup, and mustard is one choice I like. Chili, and raw onions is another.

On hamburgers I am not a fan of all the crazy burgers piled high with bacon and stuff. I do like tomato, raw onion, avocado and mayo. Some lettuce and maybe fried onions along with that is okay too.

Barring that being available ketchup and raw onions or ketchup and relish will suffice.

I don't subscribe to the theory that burgers are somehow automatically an inferior food. They can be some perfectly cooked high quality beef on a fresh baked roll with fresh veggies on top . My mouth is watering just typing this.

ralf-11

Mu-43 All-Pro
Why do I keep seeing the same thread starter (condiments / hamburgers / hot dogs) at all sorts of different internet forums right now? Cameras, stereo systems, tools and garages, and sports car forums all have these...

Is this some nefarious alien spaceship mind control beam?

PhotoCal

Mu-43 Veteran
Why do I keep seeing the same thread starter (condiments / hamburgers / hot dogs) at all sorts of different internet forums right now? Cameras, stereo systems, tools and garages, and sports car forums all have these...

Aliens?
You must spend a lot of time on the internet if you're seeing similar threads all over the place.

All that surfing must be making you hungry ...

ex machina

Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Photocal is mining us for security questions. ;)

Nevertheless, I'm biting and defining condiments as ketchup/mustard/mayo, of which I'm not a fan on either. Like pretty much everything else, though -- veggies, cheeses -- even bleu, chili, pesto, hummus, hot sauces. Still prefer pickles on the side. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom