Hold my hand people....

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by lattiboy, Feb 1, 2013.

1. juangrande

juangrande Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 2, 2012
    COLORADO
    For me, at that price, it better have some Leica or Zeiss glass....:eek: Wait a minute. Weren't you just selling off a bunch of legacy glass. You sir, have LGAS! PS. It looks like some pristine gear and a cool case tho!

2. lattiboy

lattiboy Mu-43 Regular

Dec 16, 2009
    Ha!

This was more of an investment than a yearning to use it.

i feel it was a good one, but I've been wrong before. The 135mm is a rare beast, and I've seen them close North of a thousand usd before.

PS I hate whoever came up with goodwill online auctions. NO MORE 9$ 50MM 1.2s!!!!

3. RnR

RnR Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 25, 2011
    Brisbane, Australia
    Hasse
    Legacy GAS... I know of no finer medical condition to suffer from :biggrin:

4. Luke

Luke Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 30, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Luke
    That's an expensive scratch off ticket. I mean, who knows what kind of shape that stuff is in. I always say to myself, 'expect the worst" and pay accordingly. I hope you don't get smoked. It would be different if these were described as being in good condition by someone who knows something about cameras. Yikes....and good luck.

5. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    +1 - I couldn't take that kind of risk. Hope it works out well for you.

6. juangrande

juangrande Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 2, 2012
    COLORADO
    I, too, have Legacy GAS. But so far my flatulence is not costing much!:rolleyes:

7. lattiboy

lattiboy Mu-43 Regular

Dec 16, 2009
    Yeah, I'm having some second thoughts here.

I know I won't lose anything. Even if the two big boys needed some CLA on my end, it'll still cover my buy in. I just feel stupid. There's no way I'm going to hold onto any of it. I get better deals than this pretty regularly too, so the money thing is clearly an excuse for my horrific GAS.....

I do, for sure, a have weakness for rare old Minolta stuff. I've owned and sold every lens in the Rokkor/MD system except for this particular 135mm. I shoot with the 100mm f/2 pretty regularly and it is far and away the finest lens I've ever used. The 135mm is supposed to be better. I guess I'll see soon enough :)

8. meyerovb

meyerovb New to Mu-43

Feb 3, 2013
    Wth is LGAS?

9. LegacyLens

LegacyLens Mu-43 Regular

Apr 25, 2012
    L = legacy, G = gear, A = acquisition, S = syndrome