1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Hola from Barcelona, Catalonia!

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by gr3sca, Oct 2, 2012.

1. gr3sca

gr3sca Mu-43 Regular

Oct 2, 2012
    Barcelona / Paris
    Hi everyone,

I'm David from Barcelona, Catalonia, engineer and apassionate of new technologies, traveler and amateur photographer in my spare time.

Since the last few months I have been following your forum, and reading your posts, advices and reviews, and finally, after considering different systems (DSLR, M43, NEX, pro P&S), just made this summer the big leap from the world of Point & Shoot cameras (Canon PowerShot A720) to the world of :43: (Olympus E-PL3 with double kit + 14-42mm 40-150mm).

Why :43:? For the balance of size, weight, performance and photo quality, and wide range of lenses and accessories.

Why the Olympus E-PL3? I had no budget for the OM-D, the E-P3 I find too expensive for what it offers over the E-PL3 and also not having fliping screen, and the Panasonic GX1 body is not stabilized and the JPEGS are not as vivid as Olympus ones.

We are still knowing each other, but I'm delighted with the change, and I have no regrets till the moment. What an amazing duo with the Panasonic 20mm! :smile:

I have a lot to learn in the world of photography, and I hope I can learn a lot around here.

Salut! ;)

• Like Like x 2
  2. Gyles

Gyles Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 15, 2012
    Sunny Norfolk, UK
    Travelographer and self confessed Hexaholic
    Howdo and welcome.

Hoping to get out to Barcelona next May, looks a fantastic city to shoot and enjoy.

• Like Like x 1
  3. kriskerry91

kriskerry91 Mu-43 Regular

Hola David and welcome!

Which 40-150mm lens is it that you have?

And how would you say it shoots in your opinion?

:thumbup:

• Like Like x 1
  4. betamax

betamax Mu-43 Regular

May 7, 2011
    NSW, Australia
    Alan
    Hello David!

Welcome! The E-PL3 is a great little camera. Goes even better with a Franiec grip and they're not expensive either! See you around!

• Like Like x 1
  5. krugorg

krugorg Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 18, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    Welcome to the user group!

• Like Like x 1
  6. aragorn1980

aragorn1980 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 10, 2012
    Athens Greece
    Takis
    Welcome to the forum David!Enjoy your new camera!

• Like Like x 1
  7. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    Hola, welcome to the forum! The E-PL3 is a fine camera. I prefer the control setup on the E-P3, but the flip screen is very handy. Enjoy! :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  8. BigTam

BigTam Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 19, 2012
    Dortmund, Germany
    Ron
    Hola, David! I have the best memories of my (business) trips to Barcelona. I also sympathise with Catalonia: I am Scottish, and we both have independence aspirations :)

I came to m43 from Nikon APS-C, and love the images, lens choices and light weight. Enjoy your new flexibility!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Mellow

Mellow Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 27, 2010
    Florida or Idaho
    Tom
    Bienvenidos! I hope you post lots of photos of that beautiful city, which I hope someday to visit.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Chrisnmn

Chrisnmn Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 26, 2012
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Chris
    Que tal David, aca tambien se habla español!. saludos de un Chileno en Nueva Zelandia...have fun shooting this is a quite friendly forum!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Adubo

Adubo SithLord

Nov 4, 2010
    Globetrotter
    Andrew
    tenim un nom, el sap tothom:
    Barça!, Barça!, Barça!

FCB's where my heart is (and the Boston Celtics) :rofl:

Welcome to the forum!

Sent from my iPad using Mu-43 App

• Like Like x 1
  12. gr3sca

gr3sca Mu-43 Regular

Oct 2, 2012
    Barcelona / Paris
    Thanks Gyles!! Barcelona is a great place to visit and to live, and May a good period to visit, probably the weather will be warm enough to let you enjoy the beach. Cheers!

13. gr3sca

gr3sca Mu-43 Regular

Oct 2, 2012
    Barcelona / Paris
    Thanks BboySmax! I have the M.Zuiko 40-150 R, and I don't have much experience with it, but outdoors performs very well and fast enough during day light, but when there's lack of light or when in indoors, I need better stabilisation that E-PL3 offers (kind of tripod or a plain stone), pictures get blurred so often.

Regards :smile:

14. gr3sca

gr3sca Mu-43 Regular

Oct 2, 2012
    Barcelona / Paris
    Thanks betamax, krugorg, aragorn1980, and RevBob! Still have to learn a lot on how using and configuring this little beast, I am enjoying a lot the compactness and the flipping screen, although it lacks some more external controls and dials. See you around! :smile:

15. gr3sca

gr3sca Mu-43 Regular

Oct 2, 2012
    Barcelona / Paris

Thanks BigTam! Scotland and Catalonia, We have many things in common, fighting for a great and fair future. Just visit Scotland this summer, my best friend married with a really nice scottish girl. Awesome country and better people. I will upload some pictures, but here you have the weeding cup-cakes (look at the country flags, XD)

8051910496_495b90e1e8_c.
    Wedding cupcakes por David Enrich, en Flickr

• Like Like x 1
  16. gr3sca

gr3sca Mu-43 Regular

Oct 2, 2012
    Barcelona / Paris
    Many thanks Mellow! I really recommend visiting Barcelona and the rest of the country. You will have a good time, delicious food and charming people. I have some pictures of the city with my old P&S camera, but still haven't any with my new E-PL3 (working too much till late), I have to rediscover the city again. Regards!

17. gr3sca

gr3sca Mu-43 Regular

Oct 2, 2012
    Barcelona / Paris
    Muchas Gracias Chrisnmn! La verdad es que estoy conociendo gente muy linda aca. Espero poder aprender mucho junto a ustedes. Saludos!:smile:

• Like Like x 1
  18. gr3sca

gr3sca Mu-43 Regular

Oct 2, 2012
    Barcelona / Paris

Futbol Club Barcelona!! Hahahaha! Many thanks Adubo!! I have also Barça in my heart. This Sunday there is the "Clasico", the football match between FC Barcelona and Real Madrid in the Spanish league. I wish to see a great game! Cheers ;)

• Like Like x 1
  19. BigTam

BigTam Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 19, 2012
    Dortmund, Germany
    Ron
    Vincero, vinceroooooooo!

We will prevail !

• Like Like x 1
  20. gr3sca

gr3sca Mu-43 Regular

Oct 2, 2012