Hld-8 battery grip

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by rkris, Jul 21, 2015.

1. rkris

rkris Mu-43 Regular

Jun 15, 2013
    I just got a brand new hld-8 battery grip for my omd5ii. The landscape grip works fine. But when I attach the horizontal grip, I can't get all the knobs and dials to work. The shutter release on the battery grip and one of the dials do not work. And when I try to set the camera to choose the battery in the grip in the utility meny, it just goes back to the body option. It there something I have to do to activate the battery grip?
  2. JDK504

JDK504 Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 28, 2013
    Did you take it out of the lock position on the bottom?
  3. rkris

rkris Mu-43 Regular

Jun 15, 2013
    Yes. I can for example adjust exposure compensation, but not release the shutter.

Edit: I just checked again without battery in the battery grip. Now it is just the shutter button which will not work. I tried to check the menu, but can't find how to activate it.
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2015
  4. Ross the fiddler

Ross the fiddler Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 20, 2012
    Blue Mountains, NSW, Australia
    You might try cleaning the contacts on the camera to eliminate that (also the landscape to battery grip contacts too). Also, try just the battery in the grip only to see if it powers the camera. If there is failure after doing that then I would suggest there might be a fault in the grip & have it replaced.