1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

HLD-6 Q&A

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by D@ne, Jul 12, 2012.

1. D@ne

D@ne Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 23, 2012
    Toronto
    Can anyone help me figure out why the front dial on the portrait grip of my (new) hld-6 doesn't seem to do anything? I assume it's supposed to duplicate the front dial on the camera(?)

Am I doing something wrong?

Also, because it took me a while to figure this out (duh), I thought I'd share for anyone else with the same question...the setting for the L-FN button in the camera menu refers to the button on the 12-60 lens...I couldn't for the life of me find that button on my camera! Blonde moment.

2. pharaviel

pharaviel Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 20, 2011
    Reggio Emilia, Italy
    Daniele Frizzi
    Is the grip switch unlocked? Yesterday i mounted mine in a hurry and the electronic contacts were not "in contact"

3. Glenn S

Glenn S Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 1, 2010
    Check the position of the 'lock' switch on the grip. Lock means it doesn't work

4. D@ne

D@ne Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 23, 2012
    Toronto
    Sorry, should have said that already...lock switch was off, back dial works, shutter button works...front dial, nothing. I move to the landscape position, front dial on grip works, front dial on camera works.

5. D@ne

D@ne Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 23, 2012
    Toronto
    Problem solved...I unscrewed it and screwed it back in and it works fine now. :-\

6. jnewell

jnewell Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 23, 2011
    Boston, MA
    Bad contact, then, perhaps? Glad it's fixed.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.