1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

HLD-6 in stock

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by jeffryscott, May 9, 2012.

1. jeffryscott

jeffryscott Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jul 2, 2010
    Arizona
    Olympus America lists the HLD6 in stock, as well as the new flash, FL600. Ordered the grip a little bit ago, so hopefully it is indeed in stock and gets to me early next week.

Tax is charged, but if I don't have to wait it is worth it.

2. Jman

Jman Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 20, 2011
    Columbus, OH
    Thanks for the heads up. Picked one up too. It's my first extra grip since my original DRebel, though I shot with a 1D II and 1Ds II for a long time, so I guess that counts. I don't know if I'll use it often, but if I don't I can always sell it.

3. gsciorio

gsciorio Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 29, 2011
    Miami, FL
    Thanks for putting the word out. Where in AZ are you based? Nice work Jeffrey.

4. jeffryscott

Jul 2, 2010
    Arizona
    Thanks, need to update the site. I'm in Tucson.

• Like Like x 1
  5. gsciorio

gsciorio Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 29, 2011
    Miami, FL
    Oh wow I have a rental in Tucson. My wife and I love Tucson but Miami has been good to us business wise. Every time we visit now we stay at Congress. Ahhh good times and good people. :2thumbs:

6. Promit

Promit Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 6, 2011
    Baltimore, MD
    Promit Roy
    You know, it'd be great for one of the eBay companies to make a copy of just the top half of the grip, without the battery bit, for cheap. Sixty bucks or so for that piece would be totally worth it.

• Like Like x 2
  7. dhazeghi

dhazeghi Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 6, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    Dara
    Zeikos does a lot of grips for popular Canon and Nikon models. I wonder if the apparent excitement over the E-M5 would help convince them to try here. Not sure if they'd do a split design though.

DH

8. jeffryscott

Jul 2, 2010
    Arizona
    We'll have to share, well, not share, but each have a pint next time you are here.

• Like Like x 1
  9. jeffryscott

Jul 2, 2010
    Arizona
    I fully expect a third party grip to come out.

I debated between waiting for one and going for the 20 1.7. In the end, I think I'll use the 45-200 enough that the grip will be more useful.

10. humzai

humzai Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 17, 2012
    Use the code CAMREG10 for 10% off!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Armanius

Armanius Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 23, 2010
    Houston
    Muttley
    Thanks!!! Woohoo!

12. chiral

chiral Mu-43 Regular

Feb 20, 2012
    PA
    Thanks a lot! I ordered the grip on last Saturday and just managed to call Olympus and get 10% discount before shipping out today. Thanks for saving my $30!

13. jeffryscott

Jul 2, 2010
    Arizona
    Cancelled my Olympus order. Very frustrated.

After a week of waiting for my "in stock" grip to arrive (ground shipping) and checking my Olympus account daily to confirm my order was "completed" (which, to me, implies it has shipped) I found out today the grip is on backorder.

I am frustrated by the experience. My card was charged, the website stated, even days after I ordered, that the grip was "in stock" and my order showed completed when I viewed the details.

Since I ordered ground, I was not sure if I would receive tracking information or not. I emailed shipping status inquiries twice and received no response. Today, I finally saw live chat was available and tried that.

The chat person found out the grip was on back order and might be available next week, but couldn't confirm a time table.

My frustration lies in the fact I ordered an "in stock" item and received no notification that it was not in stock and was, indeed, back ordered.

I don't mind waiting if I'm told I have to wait. Had I known I had to wait though, I would have gone ahead and either upgraded my new 45-200 to the 100-300 or bought the 20 1.7, either of which I could have already been using.

Anybody else in this thread received any information, or the grip?

• Like Like x 1
  14. jeffryscott

Jul 2, 2010
    Arizona
    PM'd with Chiral. Chiral ordered the grip 5/12 and received it today, 5/16. Hmmm, Olympus insisted orders were sent out as they received them.

Very unhappy right now.

• Like Like x 1
  15. rxstuve

rxstuve Mu-43 Regular

Mar 14, 2012
    USA
    In stock B&H

Just checked and in stock!!

• Like Like x 1
  16. chiral

chiral Mu-43 Regular

Feb 20, 2012
    PA
    Thanks to rxstuve!

The grip is, indeed, in stock at B&H.

Olympus Power Battery Holder HLD-6 V3281300U000 B&H Photo Video

You should hurry to get it fast because I wanted to purchase EP-11 eyecup from B&H last Saturday and all were gone in less than 30 minutes while I was on phone call. :mad:

I can't believe how popular E-M5 is, and even its accessories are...

17. jeffryscott

Jul 2, 2010
    Arizona
    Well, Olympus did it again to me. But this time they were a little more helpful.

Saw the grip was again in stock, so ordered Monday (after 2 p.m. eastern) and paid for next day delivery. I knew it would not go out Monday, but expected it to ship Tuesday. Here it is on Wednesday, no tracking number, no grip.

Live chatted with the same person from my previous effort and he found out the grip had not shipped out. He did offer to make sure I had it Thursday a.m. and is supposed to credit the next day shipping charge. He promised I would get a tracking number.

Oly has two strikes as of now, and if it doesn't ship as promised they will have struck out with me as a direct customer.

I understand the high demand for things makes it a challenge, but they need to get things sorted out so an "in stock" item actually gets to the customer when ordered.

18. rxstuve

rxstuve Mu-43 Regular

Mar 14, 2012
    USA
    stock at Amazon 5/23 @ 11:55 pm.

no more to say than the subject! :)

19. jeffryscott

Jul 2, 2010
    Arizona
    Olympus finally came through.

Got the grip this morning while at work. Still packed up. Now I just need to make sure they give me the free shipping they promised.