HLD-6 in stock

jeffryscott

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Olympus America lists the HLD6 in stock, as well as the new flash, FL600. Ordered the grip a little bit ago, so hopefully it is indeed in stock and gets to me early next week.

Tax is charged, but if I don't have to wait it is worth it.

Jman

Mu-43 Veteran
Thanks for the heads up. Picked one up too. It's my first extra grip since my original DRebel, though I shot with a 1D II and 1Ds II for a long time, so I guess that counts. I don't know if I'll use it often, but if I don't I can always sell it.

gsciorio

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Thanks, need to update the site. I'm in Tucson.

Oh wow I have a rental in Tucson. My wife and I love Tucson but Miami has been good to us business wise. Every time we visit now we stay at Congress. Ahhh good times and good people. :2thumbs:

Promit

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Promit Roy
You know, it'd be great for one of the eBay companies to make a copy of just the top half of the grip, without the battery bit, for cheap. Sixty bucks or so for that piece would be totally worth it.

dhazeghi

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Dara
You know, it'd be great for one of the eBay companies to make a copy of just the top half of the grip, without the battery bit, for cheap. Sixty bucks or so for that piece would be totally worth it.

Zeikos does a lot of grips for popular Canon and Nikon models. I wonder if the apparent excitement over the E-M5 would help convince them to try here. Not sure if they'd do a split design though.

DH

jeffryscott

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Oh wow I have a rental in Tucson. My wife and I love Tucson but Miami has been good to us business wise. Every time we visit now we stay at Congress. Ahhh good times and good people. :2thumbs:

We'll have to share, well, not share, but each have a pint next time you are here.

jeffryscott

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Zeikos does a lot of grips for popular Canon and Nikon models. I wonder if the apparent excitement over the E-M5 would help convince them to try here. Not sure if they'd do a split design though.

DH

I fully expect a third party grip to come out.

I debated between waiting for one and going for the 20 1.7. In the end, I think I'll use the 45-200 enough that the grip will be more useful.

chiral

Mu-43 Regular
Use the code CAMREG10 for 10% off!

Thanks a lot! I ordered the grip on last Saturday and just managed to call Olympus and get 10% discount before shipping out today. Thanks for saving my $30!

jeffryscott

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Cancelled my Olympus order. Very frustrated.

After a week of waiting for my "in stock" grip to arrive (ground shipping) and checking my Olympus account daily to confirm my order was "completed" (which, to me, implies it has shipped) I found out today the grip is on backorder.

I am frustrated by the experience. My card was charged, the website stated, even days after I ordered, that the grip was "in stock" and my order showed completed when I viewed the details.

Since I ordered ground, I was not sure if I would receive tracking information or not. I emailed shipping status inquiries twice and received no response. Today, I finally saw live chat was available and tried that.

The chat person found out the grip was on back order and might be available next week, but couldn't confirm a time table.

My frustration lies in the fact I ordered an "in stock" item and received no notification that it was not in stock and was, indeed, back ordered.

I don't mind waiting if I'm told I have to wait. Had I known I had to wait though, I would have gone ahead and either upgraded my new 45-200 to the 100-300 or bought the 20 1.7, either of which I could have already been using.

Anybody else in this thread received any information, or the grip?

jeffryscott

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Thanks a lot! I ordered the grip on last Saturday and just managed to call Olympus and get 10% discount before shipping out today. Thanks for saving my $30!

PM'd with Chiral. Chiral ordered the grip 5/12 and received it today, 5/16. Hmmm, Olympus insisted orders were sent out as they received them.

Very unhappy right now.

chiral

Mu-43 Regular

jeffryscott

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Well, Olympus did it again to me. But this time they were a little more helpful.

Saw the grip was again in stock, so ordered Monday (after 2 p.m. eastern) and paid for next day delivery. I knew it would not go out Monday, but expected it to ship Tuesday. Here it is on Wednesday, no tracking number, no grip.

Live chatted with the same person from my previous effort and he found out the grip had not shipped out. He did offer to make sure I had it Thursday a.m. and is supposed to credit the next day shipping charge. He promised I would get a tracking number.

Oly has two strikes as of now, and if it doesn't ship as promised they will have struck out with me as a direct customer.

I understand the high demand for things makes it a challenge, but they need to get things sorted out so an "in stock" item actually gets to the customer when ordered.

jeffryscott

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Olympus finally came through.

Got the grip this morning while at work. Still packed up. Now I just need to make sure they give me the free shipping they promised.

Latest threads

Top Bottom