Histogram

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Alain, Jul 14, 2012.

1. Alain

Alain Mu-43 Regular

Jun 21, 2012
    Hello,
    Just after a picture is taken (e-pl1) it shows up on the screen, is it possible to show the histogram of this picture at the same time?

Thanks

2. Henk

Henk Mu-43 Regular

Aug 18, 2010
    the Netherlands
    Yes it is. I had an E-P2 once and pressing the "info" button you could switch between different displays. One of them was the LV histogram.

I think it may be the same on the E-PL1 (if that is the camera you are referring to) else it is in the manual.

3. Mikefellh

Mikefellh Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 7, 2012
    Toronto, Canada
    If the image doesn't stay on the scren long enough for you to press info,byou can do this in play mode and the same information will come up in image review. (from what I remember).

4. gugarci

gugarci Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 8, 2012
    Lyndhurst, NJ
    Bill
    I just got my E-P3 recently. You can have the histogram show up in your live view. But you have to enable it and toggle it with the info button. In fact there's a tons of features that can be turned on/off separately for live view and playback view.

This camera is more complicated than my D300. But so far I love it. :smile:

5. Alain

Alain Mu-43 Regular

Jun 21, 2012
    Ok Thanks, yes I knew about the info button, I was just wondering if it could have shown up automatically every time I take a picture. But if not it's fine I just have to remember to push info.

6. fin azvandi

fin azvandi Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 12, 2011
    South Bend, IN
    Go into the photo review screen and press Info until you get that display with the 4 histograms. Leave it on that view and go back to shooting. The next time you take a picture and get the automatic review, it should default to that display again.

7. Alain

Alain Mu-43 Regular

Jun 21, 2012
    Ok cool!