1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Hinterland, a college photography project with a G1

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by gbpriv, Jul 12, 2011.

1. gbpriv

gbpriv New to Mu-43

Jul 1, 2010
    I've been away from the m4/3 forum for a while now as I haven't used one since last fall when I had a Panasonic G1 and the kit 14-45mm lens. I used it throughout the semester for a photography course, and then sold the kit as I needed some extra money and was able to rent a D90 through my school for any other photography I needed to do.

I'm about to purchase another m4/3 camera, but figured I would post the photographs taken with the G1 as they really did turn out wonderful. Any feedback is appreciated, and more of my work can be seen here: Behance Network

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 11
  2. Hyubie

Hyubie Unique like everyone else

Oct 15, 2010
    Massachusetts
    Herbert
    I have a really soft spot for .. I don't know the exact term. Maybe "earthy" colors (my favorite season is fall). Some of these images are very rich with those. I especially like the first one.

3. gbpriv

gbpriv New to Mu-43

Jul 1, 2010
    Browns, oranges, yellows, reds.. I do as well. At first many of the photos I took for this project were in that color range, as is was during the fall. Then I started to notice the vivid blues, purples, and other colors that were existing in many of these Central Pennsylvania "urban" and rural areas and started to photograph them.

4. Stephen Geis

Stephen Geis Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 13, 2010
    Charlotte, NC
    Nice series!

Each photo "works" alone and as part of the theme. Only one I might drop is the one with the trees in front of brick house - it doesn't seem to have the same impact that the others have. As for my favoite ... too many to decide.

Keep up the good work!

5. penfan2010

penfan2010 Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 12, 2010
    NJ, USA
    Gbpriv - Really great photos; very poignant homage to the sad plight of many industrial towns in the US. The shot of the cat is one of my favorites, though it is somewhat jarring when juxtaposed with all the other scenes.

Welcome back to the forum and to :43: you do the G1 and :43: proud.

6. A very nice study in Urbania. Great work!

7. Alanroseman

Alanroseman Super Moderator Emeritus

Dec 21, 2010
    New England
    I enjoyed the entire post.

My comments probably mimic those offered. Very nice studies in color, composition, structure, subtraction.

Nice.

Alan