High Voltage

Rich M

Mu-43 Veteran
Contax G 90/2.8 (f/8, 1/250, ISO100) PP in C1/LR

p597798923-5.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

sinjin

Mu-43 Regular
Wow, that is beautiful. Well done.

There's a feeling, more that a look, of softness to it that I really like.

Can you explain your post process better, please?

Thanks!

deckitout

Mu-43 Veteran
Yep

I really like that shot, tells me something.

I would be so tempted to touch that fence just to see, of course I would put my Camera down first, wouldn't want to break it

kahren

Mu-43 Veteran
really crisp and smooth at the same time and i just like the photo overall
thanks for sharing

Rich M

Mu-43 Veteran
Wow, that is beautiful. Well done.

There's a feeling, more that a look, of softness to it that I really like.

Can you explain your post process better, please?

Thanks!

Thanks all for your nice comments. It means a lot.

Sinjin....there is not a lot of tweaking here. It was a very late in the day IR and due to the low angle of the sun and shadows, I did not expect to get a lot.

I converted the RAW file in C1, sharpened it in CS4 and brought it back into LR where I slightly saturated the yellows/oranges. That about it.

The subject is on an old cattle ranch where they have reclaimed crossbars from old powerlines and used it for fencing.

Again everyone.....thanks for the comments.

R

Jonas B

That's a nice image Rich.
It grabbed my attention at first glance (the fake IR?) and then my eyes had a nice walk around it exploring details. A bit brighter?
I like the High Voltage signs...

Jonas

Rich M

Mu-43 Veteran
That's a nice image Rich.
It grabbed my attention at first glance (the fake IR?) and then my eyes had a nice walk around it exploring details. A bit brighter?
I like the High Voltage signs...

Jonas

Thanks Jonas....actually it's "real" IR shot with my converted GH1 shot at sunset. (That might explain the muted tones).

R

sinjin

Mu-43 Regular
Thanks Jonas....actually it's "real" IR shot with my converted GH1 shot at sunset. (That might explain the muted tones).

R

Pardon my ignorance! I assume "real" IR means with an IR filter and that your "converted GH1" refers to having a Contax G lens mounted (for which I'm jealous), correct? Thanks for helping me with this as I'm keen to learn!

Cheers

Rich M

Mu-43 Veteran
Pardon my ignorance! I assume "real" IR means with an IR filter and that your "converted GH1" refers to having a Contax G lens mounted (for which I'm jealous), correct? Thanks for helping me with this as I'm keen to learn!

Cheers

Sinjin......a few months back, I had my GH1 converted to IR by Precision Camera in CT.....so no filters.

Precision Camera - Infrared Digital Camera Conversion Service

I am using the Contax G 90/2.8 with an adapter to the :43: mount.

R

Bokeh Diem

Mu-43 Top Veteran
For me the photo makes it because of the resolution in the patina of the sign, and the detail along the cutout edges of the stamped figures. From there, everything else just sorta flows. My eye keeps on coming back to this place, and if it wasn't for the foregoing this lingering return might not have happened. Weird eh?

Bokeh D

Rich M

Mu-43 Veteran
For me the photo makes it because of the resolution in the patina of the sign, and the detail along the cutout edges of the stamped figures. From there, everything else just sorta flows. My eye keeps on coming back to this place, and if it wasn't for the foregoing this lingering return might not have happened. Weird eh?

Bokeh D

Bokeh.....I wish I knew in advance what makes a good picture. I do know that after owning cameras for almost 50 years, that my level or ability as a photographer has grown more in the past year since getting into the :43: format than for any other time.

Part of it is having a good camera and lenses always with me. Part of it is just shooting primes. I don't know what the other contributors are, but I do know that I am LOVING it.

Thanks for your positive comments.

R

Latest threads

Top Bottom