High Resolution/Dynamic Range Landscapes...

Brian Mosley

Administrator Emeritus
No, just a correctly exposed burst of 6 shots. The software will combine bracketed images too though.

Cheers

Brian

Maczero

Mu-43 Regular
Brian

i have PhotoAcute (from a recommendation on the Olympus SLR DP Review forum). However, I have never really got it to work for a series of stacked DNGs. It seems to overface whatever programme I am using (the resulting DNG files are about a bazillion bytes).

Do you use it with jpegs, which I have found work well?

Andrew

Boyzo

Mu-43 Top Veteran
This is beautiful rural country Brian .. I often viewed your landscapes in DPR.
I can see sheep on the hillside and the handrail up to the ruin.

Thanks for the heads-up on the technique.

Small format is always taxed by detailed landscapes (35mm film days) digital it seems offers more :wink:

Cheers

John

squeegee

Mu-43 Veteran
any chance of posting one of the original non-stacked images so we can see how it compares to with out stacking?

ahuyevshi

Mu-43 Veteran
Brian that's pretty cool... How does it resolve high dynamic range?? You would have to expose for the shadows and highlights. This looks like it expanded just the contrast...

Brian Mosley

Administrator Emeritus
Thanks squeegee, I'll see if I still have the source set of images to hand. Boris, the shadows become much cleaner and more detailed - which I would say equates to greater dynamic range. You can also bracket and let the software give you a more dramatic dynamic range, but I've had mixed results with highlight artifacts.

Cheers

Brian

pete_t

Mu-43 Regular
Brian, you seem to inhabit the same parts of the Peak District to myself. I was last in Cavedale a couple of weeks ago but the weather was nothing like this. I'll have to go back and try again!

That's a great image of a scene I know well, nice work.

PeterB666

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Peter
I went to do some exposure bracketing this evening as I was photgraphing a brightly lit light coloured building at night with a lot of dark stuff around it and didn't want blown out highlights.

I should have read the instruction manual first. For the E-P1, I didn't realise that you either have the camera in sequential mode to get your 3 shots or you take 3 individual shots. I thought you got the 3 exposure bracking automatically from a single press of the shutter in normal mode. Oh well - must try again next time I am at that site.

Latest threads

Top Bottom