High Res Image

D7k1

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Not going to post it here as it was just of a coffee cup and was 125 Megabytes. But what detail. I did not think I'd use this but I can see when I'm out videoing and have a tripod the detail it gets is going to be a killer for many of the landscape closeups I image.

I have a middle of the road PC now days (i7700/4200 ghz, 32 gig ram, AMD RX480 8 Gig Gpu, a 500 gig SSD and 6 TB's of fast spinners) and was able easily to manipulate the image. This certainly changes the new glass I was looking at, as now I want a set of primes special for this type of imaging.

Fast, large card(s) will be the rule for me with the G9 on landscape outings. Got the G9 for BIF's but it looks like it will see some landscape time.

Petermfiore

Mu-43 Regular
I have the G9 and the Hi-Res mode is wonderful for photographing my paintings. I use various Macro lenses (flat field), some legacy and new. Amazing output...

Peter

bassman

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
The Bassman
I made a stitched pano of 12 or so E-M1.2 hires images (NYC skyline from Weehawken, NJ). The PS .psb file is ~1GB - LR threw up trying to stitch the images. The flattened export is a bit over 100MB and about 100MP. The detail is - appropriately - stunning. You can easily read advertising signs on the street.

DennyVanNostrand

Mu-43 Veteran
Panasonic makes quite a few questionable design limitations I simply don't see in other cameras, especially when flash is involved. In this case I suppose they felt (given the shutter shock screw up in earlier models) that E-shutter should be used to eliminate vibration.
I've always heard that flash can't be used with E-shutter, So I'm still not sure how Oly is doing it. I was just curious, thanks.

KBeezie

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Karl Blessing
I've always heard that flash can't be used with E-shutter, So I'm still not sure how Oly is doing it. I was just curious, thanks.
They can, but the flash/strobe has to support high speed sync, since the exposure is controlled more precisely where the strobe is started and ended for exactly how much exposure is needed. As opposed to just bursting at a particular window of opportunity without the shutter getting in the way.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom