1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

High Contrast "test" using different mirrorless bodies

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by BushmanOrig, Oct 30, 2018.

1. BushmanOrig

BushmanOrig Mu-43 Regular

Mar 31, 2015
    Switzerland
    Siegfried
    Dear All

I was looking out the window and saw an interesting scene. Wondered how different mirrorless cameras would "see" the image and I decided to do this article. When outside the conditions change and it is less controlled, but still interesting.

I used the following bodies:

- Panasonic GX8

- Panasonic GH4

- Panasonic G9

- Olympus EM1 MKII

- Fujifilm XT-20

- Sony A7 MKII

- Olympus PEN F

You will find the article here

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. jrsilva

jrsilva Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 1, 2012
    Portugal
    Jaime
    Interesting article.
    Thank's for sharing.
    Apart from the Sony image, the other ones seam very close to each other.

I've purchased a Panasonic 12-35 f/2.8 a few months ago and quickly realized that is very prone to flare.
    And sometimes it casts very ugly flare (nasty green blobs).
    We must use it very carefully to avoid that.
    My relation with that zoom is a love and hate one. I'm learning to deal with it because sometimes it gives me very good pictures. It just needs quality light.

3. BushmanOrig

BushmanOrig Mu-43 Regular

Mar 31, 2015
    Switzerland
    Siegfried
    Interesting...I have both the 12-40mm Oly and the 12-35mm Panny. (I buy and sell) The Oly IQ is amazing and very reliable. The 12-35 IQ is also awesome when no flare like you say PLUS its nice and light and small... The 35-70 f2.8 is one of the best I have....
    This flare seen on these images are bad....I did see it in the past but not as stand out as this time. Must say it is not good for confidence.... I keep your hate/love comment in mind, thanks - Siegfried

4. Christop82

Christop82 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 10, 2016
    I'm surprised at how much better the Sony image is. In my opinion ..

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.