Hidden G2 Movie Files?

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by crsnydertx, Jun 19, 2011.

1. crsnydertx

crsnydertx Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 31, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Chuck
    Yesterday, I took a few short videos with my G2. When I went to download them to my laptop using a card reader, I couldn't find the files anywhere. Looked in PRIVATE/AVCHD/BDMV/STREAM, no files to be found. Figured I must have wiped the files somehow; put card back in G2, and they're in there!

I know I successfully retrieved movie files in this fashion from my GF1; am I doing something wrong or is PhotofunStudio the only way to retrieve these files?? That would be very bad, so I'm sure there's a simple solution I'm missing...

Thanks in advance!

2. jlake1234

jlake1234 Mu-43 Rookie

Jun 11, 2011
    Nope, you should be able to directly access the files from the card.
    I mainly use Adobe Bridge, but have used direct access as well.

Check in PRIVATE>AVCHD>BDMV>STREAM

You should see the xxxx.MTS files there - assuming you shot in HD.

c

3. crsnydertx

Dec 31, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Chuck
    No clue why that's not working. Will try on second laptop and/or desktop. Thanks for confirming what's supposed to happen...:mad:

4. jlake1234

jlake1234 Mu-43 Rookie

Jun 11, 2011
    Do a search on your card when you plug it in to your computer for *.MTS
    Maybe some header info didn't get written properly, so only your camera can see the files?

Did you format the card in your computer before using it or did you use the camera to format/erase past pics?
    I've heard that every so often cards should be 'formatted' in the camera rather than simply 'erasing' pics or erasing thru your computer.

c

5. crsnydertx

Dec 31, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Chuck
    "Problem" Solved - Operator Error...

Okay...the comment made by jlake1234 about recording in HD triggered a search of my settings. Video was set to Motion JPEG instead of AVCHD....:redface: the bids are in with the photos, which were recorded in RAW + JPEG.

Sorry to waste everyone's bandwidth with my senior moment....

Thanks, jlake1234, for your help!!

6. jlake1234

jlake1234 Mu-43 Rookie

Jun 11, 2011
    Hey, no problem.
    Good luck

c