1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Hi!

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by pikaaarrr, Nov 21, 2010.

1. pikaaarrr

pikaaarrr New to Mu-43

Nov 21, 2010
    Hi, I'm Jason. I've been following m4/3 since its conception, but haven't managed to convince myself that I should get one. Used to own a Nikon, but then sold it for an LX3. I realized that I missed the interchangeable lens and DSLR quality, so I picked up a Sony A100 recently...but then some terrible demon made me click on dpreview.com again and once again, I find myself back looking at m4/3...

The prices have really dropped a lot though! Maybe I'll sell my stuff and pick something up...

Jason

• Like Like x 1
  2. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Jason, welcome, and thanks for registering to say hi. You're absolutely right - prices keep getting better. We're now at the point where most MFT camera-lens kits are in a similar range to high end small sensor cameras like the Panasonic LX5 and Canon G12.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Phila, Pa USA
    Welcome Jason.
    Ya better have a look see down in the classified section. There's many good deals in there....
    any questions/issues...give me a ring...
    shooter

• Like Like x 1
  4. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

Hello and welcome Jason - lots of happy campers here.

• Like Like x 1
  5. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Jason, welcome! When it comes to buying a new mu43 camera, your timing is impeccable.:biggrin:

6. Narnian

Narnian Nobody in particular ...

Aug 6, 2010
    Midlothian, VA
    Richard Elliott
    Welcome!

Now is a great time to try the m4/3 format. The Panasonic G1 has dropped in price to $400 in the United States with the introduction of the G2.

Amazon.com: Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 12.1MP Micro Four Thirds Interchangeable Lens Digital Camera with Lumix G Vario 14-45 mm f/3.5-5.6 ASPH Mega OIS Lens (Black): Camera & Photo

Also this forum is an excellent resource, not only for technical m4/3 questions, but for photography in general. There are some fantastic photographers I am learning much from here.

7. grebeman

grebeman Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 13, 2010
    South Brent, south Devon (UK)
    Barrie
    Oh dear Jason, you've come to the wrong place, your head might be turned in here, don't blame us if your plastic gets used any day soon. :smile:

On a more serious note, welcome and enjoy.

Barrie

8. carpandean

carpandean Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 29, 2010
    Western NY
    Just to illustrate how good of a deal that is, this is the kit lens that it comes with:
    Amazon.com: Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F/3.5-5.6 ASPH / MEGA O.I.S. Four Thirds Lens (HFS014045) with Cleaning kit.: Electronics

So, it's basically a $90 G1 body!

9. Alf

Alf Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 23, 2010
    Northeastern Tuscany
    Welcome!