Hi!

pikaaarrr

New to Mu-43
Hi, I'm Jason. I've been following m4/3 since its conception, but haven't managed to convince myself that I should get one. Used to own a Nikon, but then sold it for an LX3. I realized that I missed the interchangeable lens and DSLR quality, so I picked up a Sony A100 recently...but then some terrible demon made me click on dpreview.com again and once again, I find myself back looking at m4/3...

The prices have really dropped a lot though! Maybe I'll sell my stuff and pick something up...

Jason

Amin Sabet

Administrator
Jason, welcome, and thanks for registering to say hi. You're absolutely right - prices keep getting better. We're now at the point where most MFT camera-lens kits are in a similar range to high end small sensor cameras like the Panasonic LX5 and Canon G12.

Streetshooter

Administrator Emeritus
Welcome Jason.
Ya better have a look see down in the classified section. There's many good deals in there....
any questions/issues...give me a ring...
shooter

Narnian

Nobody in particular ...
Real Name
Richard Elliott
Welcome!

Now is a great time to try the m4/3 format. The Panasonic G1 has dropped in price to $400 in the United States with the introduction of the G2.

Amazon.com: Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 12.1MP Micro Four Thirds Interchangeable Lens Digital Camera with Lumix G Vario 14-45 mm f/3.5-5.6 ASPH Mega OIS Lens (Black): Camera & Photo

Also this forum is an excellent resource, not only for technical m4/3 questions, but for photography in general. There are some fantastic photographers I am learning much from here.

grebeman

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Barrie
...but then some terrible demon made me click on dpreview.com again and once again, I find myself back looking at m4/3...

The prices have really dropped a lot though! Maybe I'll sell my stuff and pick something up...

Jason
Oh dear Jason, you've come to the wrong place, your head might be turned in here, don't blame us if your plastic gets used any day soon. :smile:

On a more serious note, welcome and enjoy.

Barrie

carpandean

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Welcome!

Now is a great time to try the m4/3 format. The Panasonic G1 has dropped in price to $400 in the United States with the introduction of the G2.

Amazon.com: Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 12.1MP Micro Four Thirds Interchangeable Lens Digital Camera with Lumix G Vario 14-45 mm f/3.5-5.6 ASPH Mega OIS Lens (Black): Camera & Photo
Just to illustrate how good of a deal that is, this is the kit lens that it comes with:
Amazon.com: Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F/3.5-5.6 ASPH / MEGA O.I.S. Four Thirds Lens (HFS014045) with Cleaning kit.: Electronics

So, it's basically a $90 G1 body!

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom