Hi

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by AndyC, Oct 23, 2013.

1. AndyC

AndyC Mu-43 Regular

Oct 21, 2013
    Atlanta
    Andy Clement
    My name is Andy.

I used to shoot with a Canon 5D Mark II. I had a couple of L lenses, a few primes and a cheap Tamron zoom/macro lens.

As of yesterday, KEH.com is sending me a hefty check for all that gear. As of yesterday, getolympus.com is sending me a new OM-D EM-1 w/12-40mm f2.8 pro lens (late October is when it's scheduled to ship). As of yesterday, my back no longer hurts.

I still have a Canon XTi which was my initial foray into photography six plus years ago. I also kept my Canon 100mm f2.8 Macro which I think will get sold to fund the Olympus 60mm macro.

You can find 99% of my work here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/andyclement/sets

I look forward to learning my new camera as well as making new :43: friends.

2. Fmrvette

Fmrvette This Space For Rent

May 26, 2012
    Detroit, Michigan
    Jim
    Welcome aboard, Andy! You're preaching to the choir :biggrin:. I moved from Nikon D300 to the EM-5 and my back and neck have been thanking me ever since.

Regards,

Jim

• Like Like x 1
  3. winnie123

winnie123 Mu-43 Regular

Feb 9, 2012
    London, U.K
    Marilyn
    Welcome Andy :smile:

• Like Like x 1
  4. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    Welcome aboard - you're starting out at the top of the line, enjoy!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Pecos

Pecos Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 20, 2013
    The Natural State
    Good to have you. Look forward to some images with that new lens. You did it right!

• Like Like x 1
  6. hkpzee

hkpzee Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 5, 2011
    Hong Kong
    Patrick
    Welcome aboard, Andy! I'm fortunate enough to have received my E-M1 + 12-40/2.8 combo last week, and has been very impressed with the built-quality and overall performance so far.

Having said that, I don't know if you have prior experience with the M4/3 system. If not, I hope you haven't set your expectations too high! The C-AF of the E-M1 is much improved from previous Olympus M4/3 cameras, but it still cannot quite match the best DSLRs...

• Like Like x 1
  7. AndyC

AndyC Mu-43 Regular

Oct 21, 2013
    Atlanta
    Andy Clement
    Thanks everyone for the welcome. I've never shot or owned a M4/3 system but I'm looking forward to shooting more with the E-M1 than I ever did with my 5DMII. When I had my XTi, I carried it with me everywhere and shot something just about every single day. Then I got the FF Canon. I still had it with me but I got to where I never took it out to shoot. Too bulky and noticeable for my personality really.

Still waiting patiently for the E-M1. Called Olympus and they are sticking to the end of Oct. time frame.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.