Hi

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by AndyC, Oct 23, 2013.

1. AndyC

AndyC Mu-43 Regular

Oct 21, 2013
    Atlanta
    Andy Clement
    My name is Andy.

I used to shoot with a Canon 5D Mark II. I had a couple of L lenses, a few primes and a cheap Tamron zoom/macro lens.

As of yesterday, KEH.com is sending me a hefty check for all that gear. As of yesterday, getolympus.com is sending me a new OM-D EM-1 w/12-40mm f2.8 pro lens (late October is when it's scheduled to ship). As of yesterday, my back no longer hurts.

I still have a Canon XTi which was my initial foray into photography six plus years ago. I also kept my Canon 100mm f2.8 Macro which I think will get sold to fund the Olympus 60mm macro.

You can find 99% of my work here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/andyclement/sets

I look forward to learning my new camera as well as making new :43: friends.

2. Fmrvette

Fmrvette This Space For Rent

May 26, 2012
    Detroit, Michigan
    Jim
    Welcome aboard, Andy! You're preaching to the choir :biggrin:. I moved from Nikon D300 to the EM-5 and my back and neck have been thanking me ever since.

Regards,

Jim

• Like Like x 1
  3. winnie123

winnie123 Mu-43 Regular

Feb 9, 2012
    London, U.K
    Marilyn
    Welcome Andy :smile:

• Like Like x 1
  4. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    Welcome aboard - you're starting out at the top of the line, enjoy!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Pecos

Pecos Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 20, 2013
    The Natural State
    Good to have you. Look forward to some images with that new lens. You did it right!

• Like Like x 1
  6. hkpzee

hkpzee Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 5, 2011
    Hong Kong
    Patrick
    Welcome aboard, Andy! I'm fortunate enough to have received my E-M1 + 12-40/2.8 combo last week, and has been very impressed with the built-quality and overall performance so far.

Having said that, I don't know if you have prior experience with the M4/3 system. If not, I hope you haven't set your expectations too high! The C-AF of the E-M1 is much improved from previous Olympus M4/3 cameras, but it still cannot quite match the best DSLRs...

• Like Like x 1
  7. AndyC

AndyC Mu-43 Regular

Oct 21, 2013
    Atlanta
    Andy Clement
    Thanks everyone for the welcome. I've never shot or owned a M4/3 system but I'm looking forward to shooting more with the E-M1 than I ever did with my 5DMII. When I had my XTi, I carried it with me everywhere and shot something just about every single day. Then I got the FF Canon. I still had it with me but I got to where I never took it out to shoot. Too bulky and noticeable for my personality really.

Still waiting patiently for the E-M1. Called Olympus and they are sticking to the end of Oct. time frame.