Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by petersandbach, Jul 14, 2010.

1. petersandbach

petersandbach Mu-43 Rookie

Jul 11, 2010
    Manchester, UK
    Hi everyone! Thought I should introduce myself rather than just lurking as I have been for the last few days.

I'm a 30 yr old anaesthetist living in Manchester, UK. I've been into digital photography since its inception really (sure I've still got some old <1mp camera somewhere!), and have previously only used compacts and bridge cameras. I have just bitten the bullet and spent-out on a new Panasonic GF1 with the 20mm F1.7.

And I've fallen in love! Everything about the camera exudes quality, and with its specially moulded brown leather case it really does stand out! I've just returned from a trip to Budapest with my wife, and the GF1 was very at home visiting the old camera shops with their Soviet era rangefinders.

I'd previously been a real macro guy, but this camera and lens combo screams street shots and candids. It also takes a really nice architectural fragment shot.

My next purchase is probably going to be the 14-45mm, so any good deals you know of, let me know! Best I've seen so far is Park Cameras for £225...

Enough about me anyway! This looks a really friendly and helpful place and I'm hoping to contribute and get lots out of it!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Hello Pete, welcome here !
  3. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Howdy Pete and welcome to mu-43.com! Congratulations on your GF1, and now it's time for you to post some of your Budapest photos.:thumbup:
  4. Alf

Alf Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 23, 2010
    Northeastern Tuscany
  5. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Phila, Pa USA
    Welcome Pete....
    Congrats on the camera... I have the 2 Pen cameras but to be honest, I really have a desire to get the GF1.
    If your really looking for the 14-45, grab it as soon as you find one. They will be very rare before years end and will start to climb higher in price.
    It's a real gem.

Good to see ya here....
  6. oris642

oris642 Mu-43 Regular

Welcome! I was in Budapest in summer 2008, what a wonderful city in a wonderful country. I would go back in a flash, er, sorry, bad photographer pun.
  7. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

Hello and welcome Pete.
  8. BartonFlyer

BartonFlyer Mu-43 Regular

Jan 21, 2010
    Bolton, UK
    Peter welcome - for very good prices and as you are in Manchester so it's an easy drive to Bolton, no delivery charges, try www.fotosense.co.uk
  9. Brian Mosley

Brian Mosley Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Hello and welcome Pete :friends:

I'm just over in Sheffield - it's a gorgeous day for landscapes!

10. petersandbach

petersandbach Mu-43 Rookie

Jul 11, 2010
    Manchester, UK
    Thanks everyone!

I took over 700 pics in Budapest, so really need a good afternoon to sit down and sift through them - hoping to find one or two good-uns, which I'll upload.
    • Like Like x 1