1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Hi to the good folks of Mu-43.

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by tttfoto, Jun 25, 2012.

1. tttfoto

tttfoto New to Mu-43

Jun 25, 2012
    London
    Terry
    My name is Terry (ttt) I'm British but living presently in Vilnius, Lithuania. I use Panasonic GH2 and GF1+ lenses, I also have a Leica M8 and started to adapt the lenses to the Panys. Looking forward to taking part in these forums......

2. EP1-GF1

EP1-GF1 Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 12, 2011
    Welcome Terry (from another Brit)!

3. CUB

CUB Guest

Welcome!

I use an M9 and have tried adapting my M lenses but not with the greatest of success except for my 90mm f/2.8 Elmarit M. I feel I get better results with native lenses, especially the Panasonic 20mm f/1.7 and Olympus 45mm f/1.8, plus there is the benefit of autofocus.

In the past I had good results from Carl Zeiss (Contax) and Nikon lenses on a Canon EOS 5D and also Leica R lenses on a Nikon D700. So I guess that the problem with the M lenses is probably due to their rear elements being too close to the m4/3 sensor.

4. MajorMagee

MajorMagee Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 24, 2011
    Dayton, OH
    You'll find Vilnius to be a very nice city. I use to do business out in Klaipeda, and would get to spend a day or two in Vilnius as I was passing through.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.