Hi to all from Sweden!

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by Viking, Jan 5, 2015.

1. Viking

Viking Mu-43 Rookie

Jan 5, 2015
    Sweden
    Hi to all of you! Long time lurker here...time to register and be part of this forum. Been using Canon-gear for a long time now but sold all stuff recently and I am ready to dive into the m43 world. So far I haven't bought anything, my empty ThinkTank bag is ready for new gear. Still not decided what to buy. But this site is the best regarding microfourthirds I think, and I am confident getting knowledge/support here to know what I want/need in m43. See you!

2. Carbonman

Carbonman Mu-43 All-Pro

Jul 10, 2014
    Vancouver BC
    Graham
    Viking, welcome to the forum. What kind of shooting do you like to do and how much equipment will your budget support?
    I own an E-M10 and really like it, though I handled an E-M1 this weekend and fell in lust with it. The E-M1 reminds me a lot of my old Canon T90, probably because of the grip and variety of discrete buttons and dials for the various functions.

3. CPTKILLER

CPTKILLER Mu-43 Regular

Dec 8, 2014
    Austin, Texas USA
    Jim Phipps
    Howdy from Austin, Texas.

4. Viking

Viking Mu-43 Rookie

Jan 5, 2015
    Sweden
    Thank you CPTKILLER and Carbonman. As you mention it; it's among Olympus OMD EM series I am looking for my next camera. I've been pondering between Fuji XT-1, Sony A7 and Oly OMD's. And the Oly's have the look,ergonomics,weight and lenses I really like. My budget for now is about 1750 $. I shoot RAW and 50% full manual / 50% Aperture mode (AV Canon). PP in LR. Not as professional, more of "advanced amateur". Maybe I should call it "enthusiast".

5. Carbonman

Carbonman Mu-43 All-Pro

Jul 10, 2014
    Vancouver BC
    Graham
    I saw in another thread that you have big hands - this might point you to the E-M1, though the E-M10 with ECG-1 grip works really well for me. I have largish hands. The 12-40 f2.8 PRO zoom is a really good lens; I use it almost all the time. You could probably get a new E-M10 and 12-40 kit for around your target price. The 40-150R is dirt cheap and gives excellent image quality to quickly round out your 'starter kit'.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Pecos

Pecos Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 20, 2013
    The Natural State
    Welcome. Members are a friendly bunch here. Look forward to seeing some of your images.

• Like Like x 1
  7. swede

swede Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 25, 2014
    Welcome mate! I switched to m4/3 back in oktober, from a nikon full frame system. Any thoughts or questions you might have, youre welcome to ask me privately in swedish if you like. Check out the native lens sample threads.

• Like Like x 1
  8. DynaSport

DynaSport Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 5, 2013
    Dan
    Welcome to the forum. I have gotten a lot of good information here and most people are very helpful. Best of luck to you.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Welcome, Viking! You're in the right place!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Viking

Viking Mu-43 Rookie

Jan 5, 2015
    Sweden
    -Thank you all! A very friendly and most helpful forum.