1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Hi to all from Sweden!

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by Viking, Jan 5, 2015.

1. Viking

Viking Mu-43 Rookie

Jan 5, 2015
    Sweden
    Hi to all of you! Long time lurker here...time to register and be part of this forum. Been using Canon-gear for a long time now but sold all stuff recently and I am ready to dive into the m43 world. So far I haven't bought anything, my empty ThinkTank bag is ready for new gear. Still not decided what to buy. But this site is the best regarding microfourthirds I think, and I am confident getting knowledge/support here to know what I want/need in m43. See you!

2. Carbonman

Carbonman Mu-43 All-Pro

Jul 10, 2014
    Vancouver BC
    Graham
    Viking, welcome to the forum. What kind of shooting do you like to do and how much equipment will your budget support?
    I own an E-M10 and really like it, though I handled an E-M1 this weekend and fell in lust with it. The E-M1 reminds me a lot of my old Canon T90, probably because of the grip and variety of discrete buttons and dials for the various functions.

3. CPTKILLER

CPTKILLER Mu-43 Regular

Dec 8, 2014
    Austin, Texas USA
    Jim Phipps
    Howdy from Austin, Texas.

4. Viking

Viking Mu-43 Rookie

Jan 5, 2015
    Sweden
    Thank you CPTKILLER and Carbonman. As you mention it; it's among Olympus OMD EM series I am looking for my next camera. I've been pondering between Fuji XT-1, Sony A7 and Oly OMD's. And the Oly's have the look,ergonomics,weight and lenses I really like. My budget for now is about 1750 $. I shoot RAW and 50% full manual / 50% Aperture mode (AV Canon). PP in LR. Not as professional, more of "advanced amateur". Maybe I should call it "enthusiast".

5. Carbonman

Carbonman Mu-43 All-Pro

Jul 10, 2014
    Vancouver BC
    Graham
    I saw in another thread that you have big hands - this might point you to the E-M1, though the E-M10 with ECG-1 grip works really well for me. I have largish hands. The 12-40 f2.8 PRO zoom is a really good lens; I use it almost all the time. You could probably get a new E-M10 and 12-40 kit for around your target price. The 40-150R is dirt cheap and gives excellent image quality to quickly round out your 'starter kit'.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Pecos

Pecos Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 20, 2013
    The Natural State
    Welcome. Members are a friendly bunch here. Look forward to seeing some of your images.

• Like Like x 1
  7. swede

swede Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 25, 2014
    Welcome mate! I switched to m4/3 back in oktober, from a nikon full frame system. Any thoughts or questions you might have, youre welcome to ask me privately in swedish if you like. Check out the native lens sample threads.

• Like Like x 1
  8. DynaSport

DynaSport Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 5, 2013
    Dan
    Welcome to the forum. I have gotten a lot of good information here and most people are very helpful. Best of luck to you.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Welcome, Viking! You're in the right place!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Viking

Viking Mu-43 Rookie

Jan 5, 2015
    Sweden
    -Thank you all! A very friendly and most helpful forum.