1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Hi there.

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by sammykhalifa, Jun 22, 2012.

1. sammykhalifa

sammykhalifa Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 22, 2012
    Pittsburgh PA
    Neil
    Hi everyone. I just picked up an E-PL2 a few months ago (moving "up" from a superzoom) and I'm still a VERY rank amateur.

2. DeeJayK

DeeJayK Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 8, 2011
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Keith
    Welcome to the :43: world!

Care to share any more detail about where you're located or what type of shots you're using for E-PL2 for?

3. sammykhalifa

Jun 22, 2012
    Pittsburgh PA
    Neil
    HI! I'm in Pittsburgh, PA. I do take a lot of shots of the skyline and things, but also some landscapes and random nature shots. I'm kind of feeling my way around.

I'm still learning lightroom (slow going) and dont usually like too much post-production, but here's one I like from outside PNC Park:
    7448199588_a2a610a9de_c.

It's not up to the standards of most of what I see here, but I like it. :)

This is with the Panasonic 14mm, which is limiting in its "width" to me, but challenging (in a good way). I also have (along with the kit lens) the Panasonic 45-200, but he and I are still having trouble getting along. I also picked up some yardsale bargains, a Yashica 50mm 2.0 and an older (60s?) Konica 57mm 1.4. I have an easier time using the Yashica but I get the feeling that the Konica is a better lens with practice. Still new to this MF thing.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Sammyboy

Sammyboy m43 Pro

Oct 26, 2010
    Steeler Country
    Welcome from another Sammy from da 'Burgh. Nice shot of Maz.

5. DeeJayK

DeeJayK Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 8, 2011
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Keith
    That image is great! I love the Black and Yellow. I realize that's a Bucs shot, but as a huge Steelers fan that looks really nice.

I haven't used the P14, but that's a nice little lens - I chose to pick up the P20 first, but the 14 is still on my list.

The Konica 57/1.4 is probably my favorite adapted lens...other than my <i>next</i> lens, that is (I've got a bit of a GAS problem.)

Sent from my Android phone using Mu-43 App

6. krugorg

krugorg Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 18, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    Welcome to the forum!

7. sammykhalifa

Jun 22, 2012
    Pittsburgh PA
    Neil
    Thanks everyone. The P20 was first on MY list too, but I found a great deal in the 14, and frankly I couldn't justify sinking 400 bucks into the 20 just yet.

The Maz statue is kind of special to me . . . my dad was actually at the Game 7 where we beat the Yankees with that FR (and he LOVES to tell everyone, haha).

8. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    Welcome! I'm from Plum and now live near Erie. Great shot, particularly in a year when the Pirates are playing well. :biggrin:

9. sammykhalifa

Jun 22, 2012
    Pittsburgh PA
    Neil
    Oh really? Neat. I lived on Mt. Washington for four years, but just this past Winter moved out of town to Beaver.

10. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    My daughter went to Geneva College - so I'm familiar with the area.