I had been using Dxo's PhotoLab3. It recognizes both the ORF and the ORI files and properly displays them. What I had done was the following:How exactly were you processing the hires raw ORF file?
1) Select the ORF file and crop it 1:1,
2) Select the ORI file and resize it to the size of the ORI file. I made several attempts, sometimes using PhotoLab3 to resize and sometimes using Topaz's AI Gigapixel to resize,
3) Once the ORI file was resized I cropped it 1:1 as in (1) above,
4) I then output both files us 100% quality jpgs with no further adjustments.
That gave me 2 jpgs cropped identically and the same size so they could be compared.
With the jpgs it was simpler.
1) Select the high res jpg and crop it 1:1,
2) Select the regular jpg and resize it to the same size as the 50MP jpg using PhotoLab3,
3) Crop the resized jpg 1:1,
4) Output both to jpgs, 100%, using no presets (ie, no further adjustments).
No, I was not.You weren't processing the ORI file by mistake instead of the ORF file, by any chance?
I will try that tomorrow and see if it makes any difference.I know the hires ORF can be processed correctly in Olympus Workspace
Yes. I have the 50MP jpg written to one card and the 25MP jpg written to the second card. I also have the high res raw and regular raw written out as well.Have you remembered to set the camera to give you 50MP JPGs and not 25MP JPGs?