Hi-res mode and Northrup YouTube video

RAH

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Rich
Sony Northrup strikes again. In a recent video, he calls pixel-shift hi-res "absolute garbage," starting at 3:06 (queued in this link):

I am late to this impression, but I really do now think that he has an agenda and is essentially spreading mis-information for some personal gain. I mean, he is absolutely incorrect in all that BS about it being so difficult to make the camera support sturdy enough that it cannot be done. Huh?!? I have never had a tripod hi-res shot spoiled by tripod shake or movement. I mean, I don't have to take like 50 shots to get one good one, as he is saying. He even talks about the type of thing I've been using it for (museum paintings, etc), and saying it is still almost impossible. He MUST have an agenda!

I left a reply: "I have used pixel shift with my Olympus E-M5 MarkIII for taking images of paintings from a museum I volunteer at and have gotten excellent results - 80MP images that are better than the 20MP that the camera usually shoots. I did NOT use a special tripod, just a regular medium-sized one that I usually use with this small camera, and taking the images in my living room. I guess I'm doing something wrong. ;)"

I didn't rant at him because I am convinced that he is trying to drive people to rant. Click bait, I guess.

WT21

Mu-43 Legend
It seems their main point is it doesn't work in NYC, lol. I dunno. Stopped listening to them some time ago, as I feel they moved to click-bait. When I want comic relief, click-bait stuff, I turn to Kai and Camera Conspiracies. At least they're entertaining. :p ("All I want is the perfect cam-er-ahhh")

It seems their main point is it doesn't work in NYC, lol. I dunno. Stopped listening to them some time ago, as I feel they moved to click-bait. When I want comic relief, click-bait stuff, I turn to Kai and Camera Conspiracies. At least they're entertaining. :p ("All I want is the perfect cam-er-ahhh")
I love the Camera Conspiracies videos! The dude is pretty hilarious. Great comedic relief, especially the Amazon reviews videos

I had this playing for background noise yesterday and that perked my ears up. He obviously hasn't tried the Olympus one.
Sony Northrup strikes again. In a recent video, he calls pixel-shift hi-res "absolute garbage," starting at 3:06 (queued in this link):

I am late to this impression, but I really do now think that he has an agenda and is essentially spreading mis-information for some personal gain. I mean, he is absolutely incorrect in all that BS about it being so difficult to make the camera support sturdy enough that it cannot be done. Huh?!? I have never had a tripod hi-res shot spoiled by tripod shake or movement. I mean, I don't have to take like 50 shots to get one good one, as he is saying. He even talks about the type of thing I've been using it for (museum paintings, etc), and saying it is still almost impossible. He MUST have an agenda!

I left a reply: "I have used pixel shift with my Olympus E-M5 MarkIII for taking images of paintings from a museum I volunteer at and have gotten excellent results - 80MP images that are better than the 20MP that the camera usually shoots. I did NOT use a special tripod, just a regular medium-sized one that I usually use with this small camera, and taking the images in my living room. I guess I'm doing something wrong. ;)"

I didn't rant at him because I am convinced that he is trying to drive people to rant. Click bait, I guess.

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom